Answered

Advanced : URL redirections after Quiz

• 5 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi everyone,

Hope you are well ^^

We are a wine company :  currenlty building a quiz to orientate our customers towards certain wine packages depending on their answers (their tastes, etc).

A bit like GPD does (check it out).

1) Everything regarding setting up the Quiz is clear (questions, question types, etc) and I also understand that we should use outcomes to direct repondents to the pages we want.

You can have a look at our current v1 quiz here, which works :

V1 Quiz

2) Now our goal is to improve this quiz, which means improving the correspondance between answers and pages directed to. This would mean multiplying the number of pages / outcomes we want to direct the consumers to I guess.

As you can see we have a lot of questions in the quiz...

In your opinion, what type of Matrix should we use to improve the quiz?

Meaning : is there a tool, a technique on Excel we could use. Something that would help the quiz answer to all depending on each of their answers?

Let me know if you have an idea or if you know someone I could ask this to. ^^
I guess some Typeform users here are good at this!

Have a great day
Cheers

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 5 January 2022, 14:19

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RomainL - welcome to the community and i like the quiz. 

I’ve done a similar quiz for a winery here who has 14 different outcomes (wines). The challenge was to determine which type of quiz worked best: outcome quiz or scoring quiz. 

The outcome quiz is the simpler method BUT the order in which you create the endings ie A,B,C … is important. If the results in the outcome quiz are unique then you will go to the single ending page. if you have a tie (ie 2 or more questions have the same ‘count’ towards an outcome, the user will be directed to the earliest ending (A before B before C before D.. etc) in  your result set. 

In a scoring type quiz you have more control over the logic flow and can even include a tie breaker question if necessary. 

Regardless, you need to start with the outcomes desired (if you have 1000 cases of a white vs 100 cases of a white and  you want to sell off more of the higher quantity) and then walk back through to the questions in order to determine the flow and the logic required. 

Most of the logic you will need to do can be done in Typeform. The trick is passing the outcome to your shopping cart to either a static page or a dynamically created cart - that can be done through a native integration (either by Typeform or your commerce platform), through something like Zapier or Integromat or using the API from Typeform. 

just some thoughts. 

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi John, 

Wow thanks a lot for the explanations ^^

Some little questions: 

• What do you mean by tie breaker questions? 
  • Here do you mean that the good way to do would be to pre-set our endings according to what we have in stock and what we want to sell.. and then work on the logic? Makes sens 

Regardless, you need to start with the outcomes desired (if you have 1000 cases of a white vs 100 cases of a white and  you want to sell off more of the higher quantity) and then walk back through to the questions in order to determine the flow and the logic required. 

• You got the point with the second difficulty : linking to cart / website 

“Most of the logic you will need to do can be done in Typeform. The trick is passing the outcome to your shopping cart to either a static page or a dynamically created cart - that can be done through a native integration (either by Typeform or your commerce platform), through something like Zapier or Integromat or using the API from Typeform. 

just some thoughts. “

Do you know by chance any ways to work around that when running e-commerce on a Wix website? 

Thanks a lot for your help, very much appreciated ^^

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi John, 

Wow thanks a lot for the explanations ^^

Some little questions: 

• What do you mean by tie breaker questions? 

let’s say that based on your scoring method that two possible options for outcome/ending pages have equal score, to which ending do you send the user? using logic rules to understand that you have two or more ‘counts/scores’  (ie if a=b or a=c or b=c - in a three choice scenario) then jumpto q_tiebreaker and ask question like “ok you are really on the fence here… if you HAD to choose one of these, which would it be - option a or option b” and then based on that final question you would route to the appropriate ending. if there are never any ties, that question would not end up on the path. 

• Here do you mean that the good way to do would be to pre-set our endings according to what we have in stock and what we want to sell.. and then work on the logic? Makes sens 

that is one option that i have used with a winery to help them guide users to the overly abundant stock (of really good wine, it was just a bumper crop). You need to think about what your overall objectives are (for any quiz) and start with the outcomes .. then draft your questions and logic to push people to what you want. ie one off purchase of a box if they are NOT a subscriber, are they interested in  your wine club subscription and not just the one-off

• You got the point with the second difficulty : linking to cart / website 

you could create a series of ‘landing page/product offers’ in your website that correspond to the outcomes from the quiz and simply point them to that page. rather than have the cart assemble it dynamically based on the choice. up to you on your ability with the back end and the ability to pass data into your cart to dynamically build pages. Not my area of specialty lol

“Most of the logic you will need to do can be done in Typeform. The trick is passing the outcome to your shopping cart to either a static page or a dynamically created cart - that can be done through a native integration (either by Typeform or your commerce platform), through something like Zapier or Integromat or using the API from Typeform. 

just some thoughts. “

Do you know by chance any ways to work around that when running e-commerce on a Wix website? 

Thanks a lot for your help, very much appreciated ^^

Cheers

answers from the voices in my head are in red above. unfortunately i don’t know the Wix platform and integration capacity .. 

hope that helps move the needle a little 

des

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi John, 

If something like a Typeform award of the best helper exists, I would vote for you ^^

Thanks a ton for these pieces of info

I’ll dive in, spend a few hours on this and make it work !

Again thank you John 

Take care 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RomainL - thank YOU for the kind words.. 

good luck and let us know how it goes.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I totally agree with you, @RomainL! @john.desborough  and the voices on his head are always blowing my mind! :clap_tone2: Don't forget to share with us the result of your quiz! Looking forward to check it and see what kind of wine I should go for! Hehehe :wine_glass:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - lol i live to serve