Answered

Get typeformID from form after redirect via the SDK?

• 10 August 2022
  • 2 replies

I can think of several work arounds using the block refs when the form-screen-changed event is fired to determine what form the page is currently on, or I could look at the url that the form redirect is targeting and parse that out and convert the alias to the formID. But I think it would be helpful if this was something the SDK could surface, and as far as I can tell that feature doesn’t exist.

Has anyone found a good solution to this problem?

icon

Best answer by Gabi Amaral 12 August 2022, 12:52

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @andfrank! Welcome to our Community! 👋🏼

While I investigate this with our tech team, I'll also tag @mathio and @picsoung that might be able to help! 

Wishing you a great week. All the best!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @andfrank! Hope you're well! 👋🏼

I've heard from our tech team! They told me that one way to see where the form is located for each response is to use Hidden Fields.

E.g. a hidden field that is named location and then each time the customer embeds the form with the standard embed or the SDK embed, then update the value of the hidden field to e.g. location=landing_page or location=contact_page

The same can be applied when redirecting from one form to another, or when redirecting to an embedded formIn the last instance you would have to use the steps in the dynamically pass params article

Hope it helps! Have a nice weekend!