Question

Importing ZIP codes or create a list

• 11 August 2023
  • 6 replies

I created a form, where at the last question, I retrieve the coordinates of visitors, including postal codes. I work in a system where depending on the postal code entered by the visitors, it will be redirected to a page. I have to enter the eligible or ineligible postal codes every time and that changes every week. It would take me a long time to enter all the valid postal codes, I do not know if there are other ways to do it, but my problem is that I will have to put about 800 each time.

Is there a way to do this by copying a list or importing data directly?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @s8pi If you’re using the dropdown option, you can copy/paste a list of zipcodes into the answer options. Though, we don’t have a way to import data directly. :\

Thank you @Liz ! It's already a great solution that we can use if there are no others :) And can we make sure to put a list but internal, that is to say that the person fill in his postal code and if it is not part of our list he will be sent to a message “you are not eligible”

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @s8pi 

You could also use the Typeform API to automatically add/remove the necessary zip codes.

i.e you could have a cron job (running daily) which would retrieve the list of the most recent zipcodes (from your database?) and update your Typeform with the most recent zipcodes via the Typeform API

See the below link on how to update your Typeform via the Typeform API

https://www.typeform.com/developers/create/reference/update-form-patch/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks so much for sharing this, @Harsh ! Let us know if you give this a go, @s8pi 

Thank you for your answers :) I try to execute this solution then come back to tell you if it works

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

How did it go, @s8pi ? Let us know if you need any other help!