Answered

Likert scale answers not exported to Excel

Hi! I have a small form with three Likert scale questions and one text question. I have integrated Excel online with my Typeform, in order to get all results directly into my Excel sheet. Unfortunately, none of the Likert scale answers are exported to the Excel sheet, only the text answer. Frustrating!

A screenshot of my Excel sheet.

Any idea on how to solve this?

icon

Best answer by Liz 20 May 2021, 16:46

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @langiz. Welcome to the Typeform Community! :hugging:

Can you confirm you can see the responses in your Results Panel? Also, do you mind sharing the typeform URL? I'll be happy to take a look :-)

Badge

Hi @Mariana 

I’m having the same issue, responses are all showing up in the Reponses tab in Typeform, but the excel file it exports is missing several responses (the tick box or email address ones).

In fact, there are 8 questions in the form, the excel sheet for some reason is only showing 3...

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Nic

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @langiz and @Nic Gowland Would you both mind sharing the typeform URL so we can take a look? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @langiz and @Nic Gowland just circling back here - if you don’t mind sharing the URL to the forms, we’re happy to take a look. :grinning:

Badge

Hi Liz

The form i had live is now hidden, as I’m currently on a free membership so by exceeding the 10 Q’s it’s no longer live. 

Is it worth me making a dummy form (under 10 Q’s) for you to check this out?

Thanks

Nic

Badge

Hi liz

The below form is still not sending through responses to Excel in Drive. Responses are showing up within Typeform, but not Excel

Thanks

Nic

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @Nic Gowland ! I asked our tech team for help on this one after I submitted a test response, and it looks like it submitted successfully. Do you mind letting me know if my answer appeared in Excel?

Badge

Hi Liz

No, it’s not come through to Excel succesfully. Weirdly another test sheet I made does pull through, but not this one. I’m happy to make a new sheet but just nervous this can happen again…

Excel sheet shown below showing your response. 

Thanks

Nic

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nic Gowland Huh, that is odd. I would suggest connecting with a new sheet to see if that solves the problem at all. Once you connect with the new sheet, I can submit a test again to figure out if this is working for you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @Nic Gowland 

i just ran a little test and created a simple typeform that is connected to both a google sheet and an excel file in my one drive. 

google gets the matrix entries

excel does not

see the images below

just saying that i guess it is not working for me either. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @john.desborough and @Nic Gowland I checked with our technical support team and our product team on this. Both have confirmed that the matrix question isn’t yet supported in the Excel integration, which is why you’re seeing this issue. :( If I have any updates on this question becoming supported in the integration, I’ll post about it here! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @john.desborough and @Nic Gowland I checked with our technical support team and our product team on this. Both have confirmed that the matrix question isn’t yet supported in the Excel integration, which is why you’re seeing this issue. :( If I have any updates on this question becoming supported in the integration, I’ll post about it here! 

Thanks @Liz - can we get this noted in the Help Center documentation for the question type as a callout? so that we have a place where we can point out to fellow users? 

And now that we know the rules:

• @Nic Gowland - maybe the solution is to push the answers to Google Sheet and then if you NEED them in Excel, import them into Excel (a workaround to a workaround ??? lol)

des

Badge

@Liz @john.desborough 

Thanks both for looking into this. An issue I may have with that workaround is around the handling of data - as it’s going into Excel into my work OneDrive, that has been approved. Not sure it would be allowed if exporting to Google Sheets as not approved with our Information Governance. 

A shame if that’s the case as I’m v keen to use TypeForm for this purpose, and I’m confident the University as a whole may look at an institutional-type licence once this is working successfully for me…

Just so i fully understand, which type of questions is it not pulling through to Excel? Because it wasn’t pulling the email address through either on the test one I did. Not just matrix-type

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @john.desborough and @Nic Gowland I checked with our technical support team and our product team on this. Both have confirmed that the matrix question isn’t yet supported in the Excel integration, which is why you’re seeing this issue. :( If I have any updates on this question becoming supported in the integration, I’ll post about it here! 

Thanks @Liz - can we get this noted in the Help Center documentation for the question type as a callout? so that we have a place where we can point out to fellow users? 

And now that we know the rules:

• @Nic Gowland - maybe the solution is to push the answers to Google Sheet and then if you NEED them in Excel, import them into Excel (a workaround to a workaround ??? lol)

des

I’ve asked the Help Center team!

If the email address field isn’t pulling, I’d reach out to our support team directly on that one in case it happens to be a bug, @Nic Gowland . Their contact info is here, but be sure to reach out from your account email for the fastest help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - thanks