Answered

Outcomes ranked by percentages

• 10 July 2021
  • 4 replies

In creating a personality assessment, is there a way to create the logic so that the results are given in a percentage breakdown?

As is you scored:

85% Type 1

10% Type 6

5% Type 5

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 10 July 2021, 15:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Brianthejenkins ,

Welcome to the community! From a fellow community member, I believe this can be done but not in Typeform. I’ve not done this before but if I remember correct from a similar question previously asked, @john.desborough was helpful in providing additional details and guidance on how to make this work. So I tagged him so he can confirm or correct my ‘belief’. 

Thanks in advance, des!! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Brianthejenkins @vickioneill 

thanks for the early Saturday morning poke in the logic brain Vicki lol.. 

the voices in my head are only fueled by two coffees so far, so it might be a little disjointed, but i would follow the logic along these lines:

• as the questions are answered, you assign appropriate ‘points’ to a tracking/scoring variable for each Type
    • assuming that the scoring is something along this line: for Q1
      • if A then add 1 to v_typeA
      • if B then add 1 to v_typeB 
      • if C then add 1 to v_typeD
  • my assumption is that there is a max possible score that could be accumulated for any Type 
    • say out of 100 total points in survey, Type A might have a max possible of 40, Type B max of 20 ...etc. 
    • each of the max possible scores for a Type should be set as a numeric variable (for ease of changing the number downstream - ie v_max_typeA = 40)
  • at the end of the questions/points accumulation, you would use the logic rules/calculations to do the following: 
    • if v_typeA is greater than 0, then divide v_typeA by v_max_TypeA
    • if v_typeA is greater than 0 then multiply v_typeA by 100 
      • Note - the way the logic rules work you have to have some condition to evaluate in order to do the calculations, in this case we look to see if there were points awarded to Type A and then figure out the percentage - in order to display as a ‘whole number’ percentage we have to multiply by 100
    • do the same for all the other type variables
  • you could then display the results on a statement page for example using the @recall function 
    • here are  your results:
      • Type A [@recall v_typeA] % (with the percent sign being hard-typed on the screen 
      • Type B [@recall v_typeB] % 
      • etc

that may be overly pedantic, and i apologize for that, but that is how i convert the value into a whole number % within Typeform’s logic. 

hope that does help somewhat.. 

des

Thank you both!

Hello @john.desborough 

I’m trying to understand your comment, but I can’t. Could you please explian me again how can I do in Typeform to create a quiz with an answer depending on the amount of responses that each person complete? I need that the form sum how many answers of one of the three categories and the responses will be one kind of personality. So likely the Template “personality quiz” but the response “C” is not opposite, is the amount of items of each category. 

https://admin.typeform.com/accounts/01FBWTXQC9CGHKYW4XNAM9GRYS/workspaces/NHuamC