Answered

Score in percentage

• 21 September 2021
  • 12 replies

Hello.

I’m doing a test. I already assigned points to answers. When I show @score to the end. It shows the total points the user got.

Is it possible to show the percentage? For example is the user got 9 out 10 questions he get 90% and so on.

Thanks

Ben

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 21 September 2021, 21:30

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @

Welcome to the community! Thanks for asking here. :grinning:

We don’t have an option to show the percentage, but you could adjust your recalled variable to look something like this: 

Would that work for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@eltben  - you could always create another variable in the Advanced Logic area that would take the total points scored, divide that by the maximum possible and then multiply by 100 and use the @recall feature to display the calculated number with the ‘%’ afterwards 

you would have to do the calculation in steps using the current logic rules structure:

• if score is gt 0 then add score to v_resultpercent 
  • if v_resultpercent is gt 0 then divide v_resultpercent by X (where X is the maximum possible score)
  • if v_resultpercent is gt 0 then multiply v_resultpercent by 100

then on your page you would say: you scored @recall v_resultpercent % on your test!

cumbersome but it works

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks John - this was a great help. Appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes in your form, @Simon_TheAppMan !

Userlevel 1
Badge

All good, 

I adjusted it so that rather than a percentage it scored the user out of 10 across various categories which suits my use-case better.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah! Glad to hear that worked, @Simon_TheAppMan . Thanks for sharing! We’d love to see your form as well and how it turned out, if you’d like to share. 😁

Userlevel 1

Really? Welcome to it’s here -

https://3up6vyyv7fq.typeform.com/to/OQnsyFP8

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Overnight Design Oh! This is cool. Is this form for current clients or for prospective ones? 

Userlevel 1

Ooo I must have logged in under a clients account. Its still me (Simon). Yes that form is for Prospects. Still performing tweaks - welcome any feedback if anyone has any.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Overnight Design! I enjoy a lot your form. My only feedback to you is about the length of the form, it's a bit too long and I'm afraid you might miss potential leads because of that.

A possible solution would be splitting this form into smaller ones using the redirect feature. This way, if someone bounces, you'd still get their contact and you could identify who are these prospects and maybe follow up with them. You can read more about this on this thread:

Let me know if it helps! 

Hello, I'm new here. I created my quiz, but I want to show the score in % at the end when finished. It's possible? What plan should I have to get this feature?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @erikaconci ! I’ve moved your post here where we have an existing conversation about this. 😀