Answered

Alternate endpoints for a given response?

• 24 July 2023
  • 6 replies

I’m trying to alternate endpoints for a given response.

Example, the response is “Chicago” and I have two possible people in Chicago I want to send the Typeform to. So I want the first response to go to Endpoint A (Amy), then the next to Endpoint B (Bruce), then the next back to Endpoint A (Amy), etc.

I want to add this into an existing Typeform with a lot of logic already built.

Is this something I can do with logic?

Alternatively, what other way can I randomize or share one response with at least two endpoints?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 25 July 2023, 04:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TFUserLV You could send an email to different people depending on answers using our follow-ups feature. Would that work for you? 😀

No, I’m afraid that doesn’t get done what I need to get done.

I’m looking for a way for the exact same set of responses to go to different endings, alternating between the endings. So the first response goes to Amy, The second time we get the exact same response it goes to Bruce. Then back to Amy.

Is there a way to say “if the most recent endpoint was Amy, go to Bruce; if the most recent endpoint was Bruce, go to Amy”? Or to increment a counter up or down and look for 0 or 1, or odd numbers or even? Or some other way?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ohhh, kind of like an A/B test? @john.desborough might have an idea for you!

Yes, exactly like an A/B test.  (The situation is that I have two clients in one market, and I need to split leads between them somewhat equitably.)

Thanks for any help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@TFUserLV @Liz  - what I’ve done for several clients who ‘needed something like this’ is to do the following: 

• connect the typeform to google sheet (more on the google sheet stuff in a minute)
  • created a ‘lead template’ google doc with merge field codes in it
  • used Document Studio to merge the data from the typeform submission into the Doc template, create the pdf and send it out in an email to the correct downstream contact (gimme 10 seconds more reading first) - the email was also formatted with the fields of data akin to the way that you can notify respondents or yourself in Typeform. 

now for ‘why google sheets’ part: 

• i have a lookup table for the respondent targets 
    • if in a rotation, i assign them each an id number  ie 1,2,3 etc. 
  • i set up a column in the google sheet tab that i create for ‘reporting’ where i start the first response going to the email address/user for id=1 
    • i use a formula for each new record to look at the last id number used and if it is less than max_value, add one and lookup the associated user; if it is the max id value in the list, then i set it to 1 and start the cycle
  • that allows me to do it for a rotation - A/B if only two or up to 25 agents in one client office… or i can use the same principle to set up regional area, city , etc, rules in the logic to enable the lookup - remember to put a fallback if there is nothing to find in the lookup 
    • i’ve also done one for 5 ‘regional offices’ with 10 reps in each office on round robin

there’s a potential delay in up to an hour with the way i have configured Document Studio ..but it all depends when in the hour the record lands in the process it could happen in a minute or up to 59 minutes after submission based on an hourly sweep by Document Studio. 

that’s how i have set it up for folks and it’s seem to work so far. 

des

@john.desborough Heyyyy… that may work!
Would you be willing to share a (redacted) screenshot of how you’re getting this set up? I’m trying to either post a message in Slack or display a particular user’s calendar (Amy’s, then Bill’s, then Amy’s again, etc) but it looks like the output shouldn’t be an issue.
Thanks so very much