Answered

best practice collecting in large amounts of data

• 18 July 2023
  • 5 replies

I create Celebration of Life Summary Magazines so I need to collect a large amount of data and I am concerned about a long form and the customer experience. Is it easy for a client to come back and complete form? What do you recommend for the form design or maybe this is not the right solution to collect life story data? Will collect personal data, stories, tributes etc. and will have short answers, long form, drop downs, and multiple choices. Thanks you. 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 18 July 2023, 19:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SMerkel Happy Tuesday! If possible, I would suggest breaking up the form into multiple and either connecting them together or sending them one by one to ensure there isn’t any data loss. 

Thanks for your reply.  let’s say there is 8 sections. If I create 5 separate type forms, and I have 50 customers, won’t it be hard to track if I got all 8 sections back from each client?  I don’t see how you would like together. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@SMerkel - if you connect each form to a google sheet, for example, and capture and pass the email address as the unique identifier between the forms, you can use the functions inside google sheets to pull all the data together on a ‘reporting’ tab using the email address as the identifier for vlookups. 

i do this all the time for my forms and for those of my clients. 

des

Thank you! I will try that out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes, @SMerkel !