Answered

Calculation Multiply Select

Badge

Hey everyone, anyone knows why I can’t click the “select” right after the multiply?

icon

Best answer by Liz 10 October 2022, 19:28

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @FITVIT We don’t support negative numbers, which might be the issue. Do you mind changing the number to see if this allows you to select a value? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@FITVIT if  you want to multiply by a negative number, you need to store that value in a variable and then ‘multiply by variable_x’ … 

just a little trick i figured out a while ago.. 

des

Badge

Hi @FITVIT We don’t support negative numbers, which might be the issue. Do you mind changing the number to see if this allows you to select a value? 

Hi Liz, I’ve tried the positive number. Still the “select” button grey out 

Badge

@FITVIT if  you want to multiply by a negative number, you need to store that value in a variable and then ‘multiply by variable_x’ … 

just a little trick i figured out a while ago.. 

des

Hi John, I wanna multiply the score into negative, can you help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @FITVIT It looks like the question type you’re using here is a multiple choice, so it wouldn’t be possible to multiply by anything in there since the multiple choice doesn’t hold a value. Like @john.desborough said, it might be helpful to store any values in a variable!

Could you tell us more about what data you’re trying to calculate here? 

Badge

Hi @FITVIT It looks like the question type you’re using here is a multiple choice, so it wouldn’t be possible to multiply by anything in there since the multiple choice doesn’t hold a value. Like @john.desborough said, it might be helpful to store any values in a variable!

Could you tell us more about what data you’re trying to calculate here? 

Hi Liz, thanks for the response, I’m trying to make a quiz with multiply character in the end of the quiz result, the total of the endings are 12 characters with 6 female character dan 6 male character. So I make the score quiz then multiply the score by -1 to get female character and multiply the score by 1 to get male character according to the client’s gender. Do you have any insight and solution for this logic quiz?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@FITVIT - create two variables v_female, number, value of -1 and v_male, number, value of 1

then to get the ‘landing page’ of the character you want you can do something like this in your logic

(assumption that q10 is a multiple choice that says ‘choose male or female character’

if q10 is Male then multiply @score by v_male

if q10 is Female then multiply @score by v_female

then send your user to the ending page based on the score.. 

Badge

@FITVIT - create two variables v_female, number, value of -1 and v_male, number, value of 1

then to get the ‘landing page’ of the character you want you can do something like this in your logic

(assumption that q10 is a multiple choice that says ‘choose male or female character’

if q10 is Male then multiply @score by v_male

if q10 is Female then multiply @score by v_female

then send your user to the ending page based on the score.. 

Hi @john.desborough , thanks for your reply! The multiple @score doesn’t come, do you know why is this happen? It only show the variable, please look at the image below

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@FITVIT - how are you tracking the ‘score’ that determines the character? you might have to create another variable into which  you are gathering the ‘score’

des

Badge

@FITVIT - how are you tracking the ‘score’ that determines the character? you might have to create another variable into which  you are gathering the ‘score’

des

Hi @john.desborough , the score is adding up from 18 questions, each question has its score from 1 - 5, then the score for male are a positive number range form 18 - 90 (6 characters) and the score for female are a negative number range from -18 to -90 (6 characters) , do you need any more information?

Badge

I have no issue in male character, it works well, but the female character with negative numbers doesn’t work, and they get male character in the end of the results

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@FITVIT - can you show some screenshots of the logic to show how you are adding up the score from the questions.. 

maybe what you do is the following instead: 

• if gender is Female and score is between 18 and 25 then go to female ending 1
  • if gender is female and the score is between 26 and 42 go to female ending 2

that might get you away from the multiplication issue

(but it is really difficult to try and read your mind/typeform ..)

des

Badge

@FITVIT - can you show some screenshots of the logic to show how you are adding up the score from the questions.. 

des

@john.desborough thank you so much for your reply, here is the screenshot of the logic

and this is the score

this is the score per question

Badge

des

@john.desborough I think I can’t use this 

because the question for female and male are same, just in the end they need to choose between male and female to get their character according to their score and gender, so I think it would be a positive and negative score result by multiply the added score from question 1 - 18 then multiply it by 1 for male and multiply it by -1 for female