Answered

Can I go back and change a survey days later after publishing it?

• 23 August 2021
  • 9 replies

Can I go back and change a survey days later after publishing it? The survey is far from complete but I need to give the survey address out today.

icon

Best answer by Gabi Amaral 23 August 2021, 17:44

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @Pastor Patrick! Welcome to the Typeform Community! :blue_heart:

You can totally edit a survey after publishing it. However, you'll need to publish it again once you do that. Don't worry though, the Typeform URL won't change so there is no need to redistribute it as a new survey. To learn more, you can check this Help Center article: Publish your typeform with draft mode.

Keep in mind once your typeform is live and collecting responses, your edits might affect the results you've already collected. 

Hope this is helpful! :hugging:

Excellent! Gabi, it works just as you instructed. So, I upgraded to “Plus”.

Thanks for the quick response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's amazing, @Pastor Patrick! I'm very happy to have you here! :yellow_heart:

May I ask why are you using Typeform? I'd love to know more about your use case! :wink:

my survey closed, but I want to extend the deadline by a few days...how do I make this change?

Hello,

If I change the order of questions, will the analytics still work afterwards?

thanks!

I tested changing the slide order and the analytics still works! 😊

How do I extend the timeline of running the survey, it’s scheduled to close today, however, I want it opened until Friday, June 23rd. 

Hello @Pastor Patrick! Welcome to the Typeform Community! :blue_heart:

You can totally edit a survey after publishing it. However, you'll need to publish it again once you do that. Don't worry though, the Typeform URL won't change so there is no need to redistribute it as a new survey. To learn more, you can check this Help Center article: Publish your typeform with draft mode.

Keep in mind once your typeform is live and collecting responses, your edits might affect the results you've already collected. 

Hope this is helpful! :hugging:

@Gabi Amaral what do you mean by “your edits might affect the results you've already collected” exactly?

e.g.:

• what happens if i edit a question?
  • what happens if i delete a question?

best, wishes & thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Heintzkopf - if you edit only the words on the page of question, no need to worry. However, if you change the question type - say from drop down to multiple choice, that will cause a change in the structure of the form and the field will be altered and the existing data lost in that field. Same for deleting a question - all the data previously collected for that question will be lost. 

here’s what i recommend: 

• make a duplicate of the form so that you have a backup copy and also that is where i would recommend you make and test out the changes. 
  • connect your original form to a Google Sheet - if you haven’t already - and when it asks if you want to include the existing data (up to 2,000 rows) say yes so that you get that captured. 
    • any new responses to the form will also be copied into the google sheet. 
  • if you want to make changes and do so on the duplicate form you created in the bullet above, you can connect that version of the form to an existing Google Sheet - the one created in the step above. 
    • the data will show up on a separate tab but you can then use native functions to pull both sets of data into a tab that combines the details from each form. 

hope that helps a bit.

des