Answered

Can you have 3 sets of opinion scale questions within one quiz?

• 13 April 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi!

I’m trying to build out a quiz that is in 3 sections. Each section would have about 5 questions in the opinion scale format. I want to see /calculate the scores of each section but have it all within one quiz so the user doesn't have to take 3 separate quizzes. 

Can that be done?

Thanks,

Laura

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 13 April 2021, 23:14

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Laura Viale - welcome to the community

this is from a user here.. 

i would recommend you set up the quiz in 3 question groups, with each grouping of your questions in a group. I would also set up a subtotal variable in the Advanced Logic area to capture the scores for each question into the subtotal. 

this would allow you to have the 3 subtotals, and then you can add all these subtotals together to create the total score. 

This is how I'd go about it:

Start by going to the Advanced logic area:

• creating some variables: like qgroup1_subtotal, qgroup2_subtotal, qgroup3_subtotal
  • in Branching and Calculations,
    • set up the logic rules at the end of each question to add the appropriate points to the group subtotal. 
    • at the end of the question groups you can add the three subtotals to your total score (score variable) 
    • figure out the pathing to appropriate ending pages based on the scores ie if total score is less than 12 jump to ending 1, something like that

at least that is the simple version of the starting point logic lol

good luck

des 

Edited: combined two responses to showcase the full solution

THank you so much @john.desborough !! This was helpful - got my questions into groups. Now I have to figure out how the scoring and logic works - lol. 

I appreciate your help and quick response!

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

THank you so much @john.desborough !! This was helpful - got my questions into groups. Now I have to figure out how the scoring and logic works - lol. 

I appreciate your help and quick response!

Laura

@Laura Viale 

start by going to the Advanced logic area:

• creating some variables: like qgroup1_subtotal, qgroup2_subtotal, qgroup3_subtotal
  • in Branching and Calculations,
    • set up the logic rules at the end of each question to add the appropriate points to the group subtotal. 
    • at the end of the question groups you can add the three subtotals to your total score (score variable) 
    • figure out the pathing to appropriate ending pages based on the scores ie if total score is less than 12 jump to ending 1, something like that

at least that is the simple version of the starting point logic lol

good luck

des

@john.desborough 

OMG! Des! it worked!!! Thank you so much I’m so grateful for your quick help! Any chance you know how to put an email opt-in on the ending pages to send more information based on the results?

You rock!

Laura

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough

OMG! Des! it worked!!! Thank you so much I’m so grateful for your quick help! Any chance you know how to put an email opt-in on the ending pages to send more information based on the results?

You rock!

Laura

@Laura Viale - you are welcome. 

i would suggest putting in a yes/no question before going to ending pages that asks the user if they want to opt in to email - if no, go to ending page as appropriate and if yes, go to email question, then go to ending page… 

just my two cents (and how i do it)

des

Badge +1

@john.desborough I see that this is a rather old post, but I’m hoping you can help me with a similar issue.

Like @Laura Viale I am trying to create a form that is separated into 5 Question Groups, and need an individual score for each. In fact, I don’t want them to integrate at all. 

You mentioned creating “variables” in “Advanced Logic”, but an “Advanced Logic” option does not seem to exist (I am sure Typeform has made updates). Do you know if this is still possible? And if so, how I go about doing it? I cannot find any option to create variables. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@hbeckwith - 

et voila

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@hbeckwith Let us know how it goes with adding the variables!