Question

How can I remove a character limit from an EMAIL question?

• 16 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m using an email question in my form. Seems that this is a system character limit on the email field. How can I remove it? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ohmygift Happy Little Friday! I didn’t think we had a character limit for the email question, so I’m checking with our product team to see if we do or if this is an error. 

Do you happen to know if the respondent is copy/pasting the email from somewhere else by chance? 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Liz

I am not sure if they are copying from somewhere. I checked for spaces or anything like that - there is no. 

The problem seem to appear with long emails after @, not before. Though xxxxxxxxxx@yyy.z is not a problem, but xxxx@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.z is. 

I found this bug, which seems similar: 

The problem though, is after even though the “OK” button appears with a delay, the system is not able to match an long email with an email from the logic (I’m whitelisting emails who can submit the answers). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Huh, ok, good to know, @ohmygift ! Thank you. Do you mind sharing your form URL? I haven’t heard back yet from the product team, but I’m sure they may want the URL to test with. 

Userlevel 1

I cannot share it unfortunately, it should be available for certain people only. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ohmygift In order for our developers to look into this, they’ll need the link to the Typeform to test it since they’re not aware of a character limit. Do you mind sharing the link here or through a DM? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ohmygift! I hope you're having a nice day! Can you please share the link of your typeform with us? It'd be very important so our developers can take a look into it! Looking forward to hearing back from you! :blue_heart: