Answered

How to pass hidden fields from one embedded form to another embedded form?

• 19 March 2022
  • 6 replies

I have two embedded typeforms. The first captures personal information and the second asks a series of additional questions. When the user submits on the first embedded form, I’d like to pass a hidden field to the other embedded form. How do I do this?

icon

Best answer by Liz 24 March 2022, 22:03

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sklein18 Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. :grinning:

The first thing you’ll want to do is set up the forms to connect to one another using this method

Next, you’ll need to set up the second form to receive hidden field data using these steps

Hopefully this helps you get started, and let us know if you have any questions on the way!

This set up allows for a first embedded typeform to pass hidden fields to a non-embedded typeform.

Based on all the responses from your team, my conclusion is, It is NOT possible to connect two embedded typeforms. 

If that’s the case, I’d rather you just say so, vs coping and pasting (in a slightly different way) the same response. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @sklein18 You can certainly pass hidden field data from the first to the second form. As noted above, you’ll need to following the steps here so the second form can receive hidden field information. 

If you have troubles with this step, just let us know specifically where so we know how to help. 

Trying to do this as well. Unfortunately the Answer above does not work for two embedded forms on different pages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @chunguhbunga What issues are you experiencing with the two form setup? Any further info would be helpful. 

Same issue 2 years later. Try looking at this post which has a possible workaround — it goes beyond the basic links that have been shared here: