Answered

How to send score quiz takers to correct end page, and how to set scores

Userlevel 2

Hi there, 

I am new to Typeform and got stuck on creating my personality quiz.

It needs to be a score quiz since the outcome quiz does not allow me to send people to tie break questions. (The option of defaulting to one result in that case is not feasible).

• My quiz has 5 questions with 4 multiple choice answers
  • After the questions, the quiz taker should be directed to one of 4 archetypes A,B,C or D. I have drafted the 4 end pages accordingly. 
  • I have set up variables for each category type A, B, C, and D, and the calculation works fine. (I watched your video tutorial on how to calculate scores using variables). 
  • Also, the logic to send people to a tie break question in case of equal scores in two categories work fine. I created tie break questions for each of the six possible scenarios.

What does not work is what happens after the “submit” button is hit. Somehow I have not yet been able to divert results to the different end pages A, B, C or D. Problem: The result shown is always answer A. Where did I get stuck? 

Maybe I am taking the wrong approach and need to allocate score values? I don’t see how I can allocate scores to categories, as they are not on a scale or a continuum. I can’t find any tutorials showing me how to set scores so that they don’t overlap. (Already spent hours trying to find solutions in the forum or online). 

Appreciate your help! 

Anke

icon

Best answer by Bernia 7 May 2024, 10:20

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Bernia Happy Friday! I hope you’re having a good one. Do you mind sending a screenshot of how you have the logic jumps setup and/or scoring? Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 2

Hi @Liz, thanks for your reply.

Here is a screenshot of the logic jumps (it looks awful probably because it’s all wrong. (Feeling very embarrassed but I only started yesterday). 

And here is the scoring - I have allocated 1 for each and every question

And here is a screenshot of some of the conditions I defined after question 6 (which will not be scored by the way). (I defined the variables corresponding to answers A,B,C and D. 

I thought I was missing some conditions before the final “in all other cases jump to submit form”.

I hope this is helpful…

Anke

Userlevel 2

Hi @Liz , I just found and downloaded John’s cheat sheet (“5 Categories High Score Simple Tie Breaker)”  and try to make sense of it. Will let you know. 

Anke

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bernia - thanks for that! .. let me know if you have any questions about it.. i’ll check over the weekend to see if there are any.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Bernia Hope you’re doing well! Did the cheat sheet do the trick for you? 

Userlevel 2

Hi @LIz,

I tried to reply yesterday but due to technical issues my message could not be sent. Yes, I finally created my quiz and tested it ok!

@john.desborough John’s cheat sheet covered a different scenario than mine but helped me along in better understanding how to set up chains of logic.

I now solved my issue by setting up a new Typeform from scratch. My error was that I had tried to use the score quiz template, which did not allow me to link to desired endings. By avoiding this template I was able to complete my quiz.

Thanks for your support!

Anke

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh lovely! Thanks for letting us know, and I’m really glad to hear that worked, @Bernia !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bernia - glad it helped!

des