Answered

How to stop receiving registration when a specific answer is full?

Hello, everyone, I want to use Typeform to register for an event. And each date of the event has a certain limit number participating.
How do I set a number to limit a certain answer and automatically close when it is full?

icon

Best answer by Liz 3 May 2021, 18:43

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @WEn yi Thanks for stopping by! This is a great question. With our paid plans, you can set a response limit to close the form and/or have it close at a certain date following the steps here. Does this look like what you’re hoping to achieve? :grin:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @WEn yi did that feature help? :grinning:

Badge

That’s the technical aspect -- important enough.

However, I’m doing it by hand.

What should I do?

Just erase all the questons and retain an introduction with an altert text, explaining people unfortunately are too late?? 

Hmmm guess so..

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @drflips I’m not completely sure I understand - is there a reason you’ll be closing the form manually? Are you placing all the dates on one form? Or multiple? It would certainly be a lot easier to set it through our closing feature! :grin:

Badge

Of course it would have been better if I hadn’t closed the form manually.

It was a big mistake.

I don’t know what you mean by  “Are you placing all the dates on one form?”

I sent out several registration forms for related but different events. I’m not aware of placing dates on one or more forms. 

Telling me what I should have done doesn’t solve the problem I have now: trying to repair the damage I’ve caused

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @drflips If I’m understanding correctly, have you already sent out the forms before placing a limit on how many responses you can receive? If so, there’s not anything that can be done, but I would suggest using the response limit feature for future forms!

Badge

That is unbelievable! Do you really mean there is no way of stopping people from responding to a. registration form if I haven’t set limits (in numbers, time or otherwise) before hand?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@drflips - there is a simple way in the setting area to close a survey at any point in time - simply toggle the ‘close typeform to new responses’ to the on position, a seen in the image below. 

I strongly recommend to clients (and others) that when they are planning for a survey/quiz that they include the ‘exit strategy’ as part of the requirements UP FRONT before they start developing the actual typeform. 

I hope this helps calm the waters. 

des