Answered

Multiple choice easier way to create the logic?

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I`m creating a quiz at the moment and I have a multiple choice question with 5 answers, in which 2 are right (AB). But every combination that includes A and B count as the right answer (for example: ABC ABCD ABE etc.). Do i have to manually set every combination that leads to this result as wrong? Or is there an easier way to fix this? 

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 19 July 2022, 19:34

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I think you would need to set this manually, @anna.scherer99 , but @john.desborough might have a quicker workaround I’m not aware of!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@anna.scherer99 - does the user have to get BOTH A and B correct in order to have a ‘right’ answer? 

it will help me lay out the logic for you.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@anna.scherer99 - while waiting to hear back, i took a quick stab at the logic based on both A and B needing to be selected in order to be correct. 

here’s a link to the test form i made - please try it out and break the logic if possible.. I had about 10 minutes to try and do this before running into a workshop session i am coaching: 

and here’s the logic rule i created: 

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much for your help! Yes, A and B have to be right to get the `right`answer screen. But the other cases are if only one of the right answers is selected (and maybe one or more wrong answers too) or both correct answers and also wrong ones, then a `almost right` screen appears. But maybe it should work as well for that cases like you did it.

Userlevel 1

So I tried every possibility, but it doesn´t work. Is it possible that Typeform is just not created to have more then two options appearing after a multiple choice question? As I said, I have 3 options: “correct”, “wrong”, “almost correct”. It seems like some combinations doesn´t work and it jumps to the wrong ones. 

For example:

A & B is correct

Then I set the rule that A & B & C is almost correct

So C & D shoud be wrong → but here it jumps to “almost correct” (probably because there is a rule for C already)

Is there any way I can solve that problem or is it better to just have 2 options (“right” and wrong”)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@anna.scherer99 - it is just a question of making sure the logic rules are created properly and it may take a while to figure out the conditions within the logic rule(s) that will give you the answer path you want

it will work.. it just takes a little time to walk it through