Answered

Payment Collection - Paywall

I can’t seem to find the exact answer in the threads, although there appears to be references to this kind of question:

https://community.typeform.com/build-your-typeform-7/prevent-scroll-past-payment-page-6700?_gl=1*etswl6*_up*MQ..*_ga*MTMyMTI1MTcwMy4xNzE1MDE1NjM3*_ga_N6F0VDRT9W*MTcxNTAxNTYzNi4xLjAuMTcxNTAxNTYzNi4wLjAuMA..

Essentially, I want to create a *Paywall* for my product, which is a digital form. In order for the customer to get access to fill out the form, I’d put the payment integration towards the top of my form and as soon as they complete payment, it takes them to the survey (no redirect or other URLs though i.e. everything in the same form). Is this possible? I’ve created a free account and I’m able to add the payment section as question 2, for example, then start question 3 with the digital product that I want but I’m not sure if this will work in production. Thanks for your feedback, happy to clarify if need be.

icon

Best answer by Grace 9 May 2024, 15:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @EvanD Thanks for stopping by the community! This is an interesting use case. We don’t have a paywall option at the moment, but what you could do is create two forms (one for the payment, one for after) and connect them together like this

Thanks for the quick response, Liz. I’d like the form to be embedded into a webpage without any redirects to another URL so I’m not sure if a second form would accomplish that, to my limited knowledge.

Essentially, Question 1 could be something arbitrary, say collection of contact info, Question 2 would be the required payment collection, after which would move on to Question 3 where the real survey begins. It’s not quite a paywall in the technical sense of the word, just a required payment subscription somewhere in the middle of the questionnaire where there are still more questions that follow. Typeform let’s me build out this idea in theory (see picture) but I’m curious to know how it works in production

I may be misinformed regarding the timing of the payment. If I add the payment attribute as question 2 in my form (see example above), will the user be charged immediately after they put their card info (before they move on to step 3) or will they be charged at the time of the survey submission itself?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ooh this is a good question @EvanD

In terms of setup I think what you’re proposing is possible, but let me check on the timing front - is it that you want them to complete the whole form before the payment is taken, or do you want the payment to be taken first before they finish the form? 

Thanks for following up, @Grace! I’d like the the payment to be taken first before they finish the form. I recognize it’s standard in most cases for payments to process at the very end of the form but, as mentioned I’d like it process before the form is submitted (ie during Question 2 in my example above, and still have Questions 3 - X to be filled out).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @EvanD thanks for clarifying! I double checked, and the payment won’t be taken until the form is completed.

Maybe it could work to explore @Liz’s suggesting about using 2 forms - you could create a short payment form that redirects to a second form that contains the rest of the survey so you are sure to start the payment process first.