Answered

Quiz: how do I return a user to the wrongly answered question until the answer it correctly?

• 14 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I am building a typeform in order to educate our users. They have to read a short manual and then answer questions via typeform about it. When a question is answered wrong I want them to get a message, that it is not a correct answer and keep returning them to the question, until it is answered correctly. How do I do that?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 14 December 2021, 18:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lemon_one Welcome to the community! You would need to set logic jumps to send the respondent back to the question to answer it again. Just be sure that if you’re sending the respondent backwards in the form, it’s to a question they’ve already seen (otherwise the logic will break). 

You can read more about setting logic jumps here, specifically for quizzes. 

Hi, thank you for the reply! I have tried doing that, but I keep getting the message, that I can not send the user back to the same question again, that is why I posted:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lemon_one - here’s my thinking on how to make this work on a single question:

• Question 1 has 4 options - a, b, c, d - with c being the correct answer 
  • logic rule on q1: 
    • If q1 =a OR q1 = b OR q1 = d then jumpto  S1 (error page) 
    • if q1 =c then jumpto to q2
  • logic rule on S1 - this is where you would say “you have made a mistake and need to go back and choose a different answer” and they would click continue 
    • If q1 =a OR q1 = b OR q1 = d then jumpto  q1

here’s a little sample of how i made that work. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to do the sample!

That is exactly how I did it in the end, the only issue is that after each error it takes you back to the first question, and my quiz has 15? so if you made an error, say, in question 14 and click return - you get back to the first question and have to navigate all the way back through questions 1-14 which you have already answered correctly

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lemon_one The example Des gave is for a single question, but you could apply this to all by having those statements after each question and then setting up the logic for each question as outlined.