Answered

Use Typeform as a Search/Filter?

• 8 September 2021
  • 4 replies

I’m not sure what keywords to use to find the answer to my question… I’m hoping to use Typeform to help users get to a result, based on a series of prompts. So the form would look something like this:

1. What kind of food to you like to eat?
    1. Fruit
    2. Veggies
    3. Meat
  2. What is your favorite color?
    1. Green
    2. Orange
    3. Red

If the person answers Veggies and Orange, I’d like to display a “Carrot”. On the face of it, it seems super complex as you’d quickly have a ton of options for branching, and potentially multiple answers (Carrot and Bell Pepper). I have about two dozen potential “foods” as responses. And probably 6 questions in total. 

I don’t THINK this is possible with Typeform?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 8 September 2021, 21:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Heming Happy Wednesday! This is possible with Typeform, though it might be a bit of time to setup. You would just need to add the following logic jumps to your form to help the respondent narrow down what they’re looking for. 

I know @john.desborough has shared this setup on a few different posts, but for the life of me, I can’t find them. :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Heming - from this other user.. yes it is possible. but as @Liz says, there is some set up to the logic: unfortunately it is not as easy as writing the sql statements would be BUT you can building the logic up easily on paper (start at the outcomes and work backwards) and then code it into the system 

like anything, once you get this built right the first time, it works for everyone coming in to the quiz.. 

you COULD do this as a ‘simple’ logic outcome quiz, depending on how you are going to ‘break the ties’ across the question structure ie how precise do you want to be? if two outcomes are met (ie could be carrot and could be bell pepper) then whichever ending is created first ie A (carrot) vs D (bell pepper) in the ending sequence, will be where the outcome quiz points the user. If you want more control over that, you need to use advanced logic 

like @Liz i can’t put my fingers on the exact thread in the community where i have covered this type of approach so i will leave you to do some searching and ask any follow up questions. 

This is GREAT Thanks so much. I’m not famiilar with Typeform logic, so I’ll need to read some help files and watch some videos. I’ll also search for that previous post. And I’ll report back here. Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad this helped, @Heming ! Let us know if you think of any other questions or get lost anywhere in the setup.