Skip to main content
Question

Issues with uploading

• 24 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Having a lot of issues uploading. Using the same camera, same format. 

Some videos are uploading, some are not.

I’ve been trying to upload a few 30MB .mpeg4 video file for the last few hours.

It says “video file OK” and after it’s uploaded I keep getting this error:

Oops, something went wrong…

I have cleared my cache, restart my computer, etc. Tried Chrome, tried Safari. Tried it on iPhone.

What’s the issue?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Anson Lau - there is a 10mb limit. 

on the file size

des

@john.desborough 

How long can a VideoAsk be?

Each videoask step can be up to 5 minutes long (unless you upload your own video in which case it can be any length as long as the file size is no larger than 500 MB when using a web browser. If you're using our iOS app, you can upload files of up to 2 GB).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

If you are looking at VideoAsk, then this question should be moved from “Typeform conversations” to VideoAsk - @Grace, this is in your ballpark

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks @john.desborough 😊

Hey @Anson Lau welcome to the community! If you come out of the builder and then go back into the videoask that you were working on is the video loaded? Sometimes I find I get the oops error but it’s just that the video hadn’t finished loading.

And is everything ok with your internet connection? Sometimes that can effect the transcoding process when uploading a video into VideoAsk. 

If it’s continuing to happen the support team might need to test the video files you’re working with as mp4 files are generally the best for VideoAsk. You can get in touch with the team via support@videoask.com.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Anson Lau I hope you’re doing well! Were you able to solve this issue?