Answered

Keep text visible after video ends?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a series of VideoAsks with question prompts.  I want the text overlay to stay up on the screen at the end so that viewers can refer to the question while they’re answering.  For all but one of the videos, it works fine, but for one of them, the text disappears at the end of the video and I can’t figure out how to change that setting.  I see how to adjust the length of time it stays up, but that just makes it start further back into the video, which isn’t what I want.  I want the text overlay to start near the end of the video and the STAY there after the video ends.  Would love any guidance from the community, thank you!

icon

Best answer by Naomi Dardik 6 July 2022, 09:33

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Naomi Dardik thanks for stopping by!

This is an interesting one, usually the overlay text would remain at the end of the video, would you be able to share the link to your videoask for us to take a look? Also, maybe a screenshot of the video setup in that particular step, hopefully we can get to the bottom of why this is happening!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Here it is, is this helpful?  Thank you so much!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is great thanks for sharing this @Naomi Dardik 

I think I can see what’s happened here, on the reveal/fade slider it’s set to fade at 73 seconds, but the video is 76 seconds long so it’s disappearing before the video ends, I think that could be why the overlay text isn’t remaining on screen in the same way it is in the other steps.

Let me know if that makes a difference, if not I’ll keep investigating!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, thank you so much for looking into this!  Good idea, I was excited that maybe we found the problem but it persists, even though I dragged the time to be 76 seconds, all the way at the end :(  Would be very grateful for any other suggestions you have, the only thing I can think of is to start over altogether, but we have links sent out and that would add another layer of complexity.  Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Naomi Dardik I’m just doing some testing to see if there’s a reason why the overlay text doesn’t remain on screen 👀 hopefully we can get to the bottom of this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Naomi Dardik have you tried deleting the overlay text completely, and then going back and re-adding it? 

I’ve been doing some testing with a similar set up to yours and so far I can’t reproduce the issue, I don’t think you’ll need to create a new videoask, but wondering if you remove the overlay text, wait for the changes to save and then go back and re-add the overlay text if it might update correctly and remain on screen at the end of the video 🤔

Userlevel 2
Badge

Great suggestion!  I did several variations, and interestingly, when I cut the text and re-added it, we have the same issue, but when I cut the text and instead type in “Overlay text test,” I only get “Ov” at the end of the video (and it did say “saved!” before I tried it).  When I repasted the original text, we got the whole thing for a few seconds at the end of the video but in neither case did it stay up on the screen the way it does for the rest of the videos in the series.  We are at a loss :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Naomi Dardik sorry to hear this is happening, it sounds like it could be a bug, would you be able to send a screen recording of what’s happening to the support team so they can look into it? 

Badge +5

Hi @Naomi Dardik , I’m wondering if you managed to get this resolved? Let us know pls!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Gabe!  I really appreciate your following up!  I think we were not able to resolve it and ended up redoing that particular video.  I am super impressed by the dedication of the team and the community in helping to solve the problem!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Naomi Dardik thanks for updating us, this one definitely had me scratching my head! Hopefully re-doing it wasn’t too time consuming for you and it’s all been smooth sailing since! 

How are you finding using VideoAsk overall? Let us know if you have any other feedback or questions 😊

hello, I’m having the same issues with 2 sections of this videoask, sections 11 and 12. These are the only sections where the overlay text disappears right after the end of the video, instead of staying visible. This happens in both normal view mode and in fullscreen mode (that is the view that we need).

I tried to delete both of the sections and redoing them from scratch, but uselessly. The problem is still present.

I tried to write to the support (also for other issues) last week, but i still didn’t get any answer. Can you help me on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Admin Serenis I saw your DM so will reply over there as I need to check the email you are using to contact the support team 😊