Question

Business email account or personal for Typeform scalability?

• 24 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Apologies if this is a daft question… I have built a typeform questionnaire that integrates with google sheets and presentation using Document Studio to email a PDF report to respondents. 

This is currently set up with my personal gmail account while I was testing / building. 

I want to roll it out now to public but for scalability and for it to come from a domain email I want to use a business email account. I’m assuming that to recreate all the integrations I need to go with Google workspace - or can it be any email provider?  Sorry my brain is having a senior moment… 

Many thanks in advance :)

Claire

4 replies

Badge

PS I built it all using this great workshop, thanks Des! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Leopard Claire - you should be able to pick the email provider from Document Studio’s selection. if you use Google Workspace for your business account, yeah you will have to set up the forms, Doc Studio over there … 

and thanks for the kind words.!!

des

Badge

Thanks Des!

Sorry I forgot to say - I haven’t yet selected a business email provider - I was going to go with Google workspace, however they are the most expensive out there and I’m a sole / entrepreneur so feel it’s overkill when there are other providers like Dreamhost / Ionos etc that charge a 5th of the price!

But for this integration / automation to work would I need a google workspace email account (to use google sheets etc) or could I use my personal gmail account for that and then the Dreamhost (or whichever I go with) email provider for the emailing part of Document Studio? 

Hope I’m making sense…! Thanks :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

those are the service providers that Document Studio works with at the moment. 

des