Answered

Chat Style is not redirecting to URL on mobile

• 6 January 2023
  • 4 replies

I set up a conditional redirect to URLs and noticed:

1. Desktop Chat style and “standard” embedding redirects as expected
  2. Mobile “standard” embedding redirects as expected
  3. Mobile Chat style submits answer but does not redirect on IOS Safari (only device I tested) but is stuck on the “typing” animation

Typeform 

Mobile embedding Chat and Standard that does not work.

http://nailvision.de/nagel-symptomcheck

Looking forward to a quick response :)

Best

Nataniel

icon

Best answer by NatanielNV 9 January 2023, 20:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @NatanielNV Thanks for stopping by the community! I see the standard embed on this page, but not the chat embed. Do you happen to have that located at a different URL we can test? 

Hey,

sorry, I took it out of the page since I did not get a reply. I just added it again.

Code used for embedding:

<div data-tf-widget="En6lC9Hf" data-tf-opacity="100" data-tf-chat data-tf-medium="snippet" style="width:100%;height:300px;"></div><script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

Please be aware that I only embed the chat widget when you access the link (http://nailvision.de/nagel-symptomcheck) via a mobile device.

Hey,

I just got it to work :). FYI, I am embedding using Wix. I played around with different embedding approaches like createWidget etc. on the Typeform side, but nothing worked.

My experience for other Wix users:

1. Redirect fails with Chat embedding on mobile using Wix HTML embedding.
  2. The solution is super simple: Just use Wix ‘Embed website’ widget instead of embed HTML. For some reason this does not sandbox and the re-direct opens as expected on mobile. I also noticed that it does not open a new tab, but redirects inside the tab that the Typeform is submitted.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh, thanks for letting us know, @NatanielNV ! Wix has a few restrictions in their embed, the redirect being one of them, so glad you were able to find a solution. Thanks so much for sharing!