Question

end of survey unique referral code

• 6 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Unless I’m missing it within all the updates, which are great but we are still missing one of the most basis features needed in survey completion…

We need simple and easy way to generate end of survey unique referral codes!  This is very import to us in the paid market research field.  Please get with it Typeform.  Us paying customers have been waiting for this.  Even survey monkey (which is no Typeform) offers it now.    

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@EcomGuy - this may not be exactly what you are commenting about across the various posts today, BUT it is not that difficult to create something like a random number generator on your own, as a workaround

here is a simple little form i put together to try and address the issue or at least to demonstrate how one could ask a simple question of the user and then create a random code. 

It’s not rocket science, at least according to the 7 other voices in my head, to create a work around to the issue - at least this one works for me. 

des

Userlevel 3
Badge

Since you replied the same on  my post, I will reply the same to each one of your replies... Having the end user make their own code is not going to cut it. Frankly, it is the best way for us to just throw our market research dollars out the window in the paid survey world.   Sadly too many folks come in to a paid survey to get quick $$ and give bogus answers.  We need to have survey taker accountability with trace back codes we generate.  This is how we remove bad data and reject/block bad actors.  Bad actors will game the system with your “workaround”.  Let’s move on from AOL 2.5 and get us a random codes generator so we can confirm and approve completed good work by our survey takers.  Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @EcomGuy As Des mentioned, this isn't a feature we currently offer. While this isn't the most ideal solution, the workaround Des provided is one way to still generate unique codes within the forms. Of course, you certainly don't have to use this workaround, but I'd definitely suggest taking a peek at how he's set this up to see if this would work for you since we don't offer this feature natively in our forms.

The upside is that this workaround isn’t terribly hard to setup. You can see an example of the logics set below. If you haven’t already, I’d suggest giving it a try! :grin:

@EcomGuy - this may not be exactly what you are commenting about across the various posts today, BUT it is not that difficult to create something like a random number generator on your own, as a workaround

here is a simple little form i put together to try and address the issue or at least to demonstrate how one could ask a simple question of the user and then create a random code. 

It’s not rocket science, at least according to the 7 other voices in my head, to create a work around to the issue - at least this one works for me. 

des

Hi,

This should work for my use case but I’m not seeing how the random code generated by the calculations are passed through to the “results” page. Can you clarify that step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @smpomory Once you have this all setup, all you need to do is recall that variable on the ending page. 😀