Answered

How can I submit an Endings Result to Zapier/Integromat

I have found questions related to this here in the forum but the solution that is mentioned here https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029260472-Set-up-notification-emails-based-on-answers doesn't help. 

I want to send an email with the ENDING result of a typeform quizz:

Simple quizz example:

• 4 questions each with say 3 multiple choice options.
  • Each has a score assigned.
  • End result is one of 3 different endings 0-10= Ending A, 11-20=Ending B, 21-30= Ending C
  • in zapier I want to send an email with the Ending (A, B or C) 
  • however the fields in zapier that come from typeform only show the fields for each question, email and name which I have asked in the typeform
  • I can’t use above solution as the trigger as it is not based on the answer but on the score of all answers (as per typeform logic) ie the ENDING

Any help is much appreciated - has anyone done this ?

Many thank

L

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 14 May 2021, 12:52

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Lawrence h - welcome to the community from a fellow user

I recently used the following strategy to ensure that i could track the ending (page) to which users were directed: 

• created a variable called v_end_page as a text variable and left it blank
  • when the evaluation of the score ranges determined to which ending page the user would be sent, i added in a logic rule as follows (an example scenario based on your note above)
    • if ending_score is greater than or equal to 0 and ending score is less than or equal to 10, then replace v_end_page with Ending A
    • if v_end_page is “Ending A” then jump to ending A page

what this did was ensure that upon submission, the variable and the value (the ending) was submitted to the data target at the end of the path - in my case Typeform and Google Sheets. 

I am not sure, however, how and if variables of this sort are transferred into Zapier and used as triggers. 

hopefully some of the others from Typeform can assist - @Mariana @Liz, any thoughts??

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Lawrence h Which email service provider are you using? 

Thanks both

@liz- it is not so much about the email but about available fields in Zapier that come from typeform so I can do something with them. Email would be Gmail but I am also planning to update data in Kajabi and need the same “Ending” field ie the result from my quizz that is presented to the user. 

Attached a screenshot of typeform fields that are available in Zapier to me in this case I just used 2 Questions that end in 2 endings depending on the points scored. 

All I need is the ending. Building a logic in Zapier is not feasible as I will end up with multiple endings based on 30+ questions and writing a logic for that wont work for me.

Thanks for your help

@john.desborough I’ll check your suggestion that might be it I am not sure though how to set variables? 

Lawrence

@john.desborough I posted too quickly before checking - found the variables section and give that a go - looks like this might work 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough I posted too quickly before checking - found the variables section and give that a go - looks like this might work 

it actually works a treat for me. Here’s a screen shot of a submission to a test form that captured the ending page “name”, which is what is needed. 

you can see in the variables list of the submitted form that the v_end_page and it’s value are shown. 

hope that works for you.. 

des

@john.desborough THIS WORKS !! Thanks mate :hugging: have a fantastic weekend!

Lawrence

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Lawrence h - fabulous! glad to hear … enjoy yours as well.. i am going to get started on mine now lol

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad this is working, @Lawrence h ! Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with. 

Hi, sorry for the bump but I am looking for something simliar. We ask the visitor a few questions (multiple choice, without score) and based on the answers (text) the visitor will end up at various (20x) endings. I have setup a zapier connection to submit the results to our email provider and freshdesk, however, i am not able to submit the 'ending'? I tried to understand the given solution here, so i created a variable "@location", but I have no idea how I can set the value for each ending (the endings are a button with a url).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @featherdown Thanks for stopping by! Are you using an outcome quiz? If not, the ending won’t appear in the results, so you’ll first need to be sure you’re using one of these. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @featherdown - if you are using a scoring style quiz, you can use a logic rule to update the value of a variable you create that can be passed along as the ending .. something like this:

(assuming you have 3 endings, A B C)

• if v_score LTE 6 then replace v_ending with A
  • if v_score gt 6 and v_score less than 8 replace v_ending with B
  • if v_score gte 8 replace v_ending wtih C

that would give you the ending they chose - i’ve used simple representation - that is submitted as a variable in your quiz

des