Answered

Mailchimp integration/tagging

• 26 May 2021
  • 7 replies

I’ve hit an issue with mailchimp. I’ve looked at previous posts and is it correct that the Mailchimp integration does not tag current subscribers who complete a form?

This is a huge disadvantage if that is the case. Is this outlined anywhere when signing up for a Typeform plan?  Does anyone know if a free Zapier account will offer that level of integration?

Help!

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz 26 May 2021, 18:30

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RachelG Thanks for stopping by! :grin: It is correct that our native integration has a limitation in which it won’t send data if the respondent already exists in your Mailchimp account. Though, you can use a service such as Zapier to pass the data instead. Zapier allows for up to five zaps for free. Would that work for you? 

Hi Liz, thanks for your reply. I have spoken to Zapier and set up this integration now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear, @RachelG ! Anything else I can help with? Curious to know how you’re using Typeform + Mailchimp, too! (I weirdly love all things related to email workflows.)

Hi Liz, thanks for your reply. I have spoken to Zapier and set up this integration now.

Hi RachelG,

How did you solve the problem using Zapier?

Has this integration tag issue been updated?  I’m trying to avoid adding another platform and this integration is a big part of my user flow.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Has this integration tag issue been updated?  I’m trying to avoid adding another platform and this integration is a big part of my user flow.

Ditto to this. I was almost ready to switch to Mailchimp for the integration with Typeform, because Typeform makes up in aesthetics what Mailchimp is sorry missing.

I’m currently with MailerLite, and there isn’t a way to collect form responses into segments. I thought we could with Mailchimp, but since it’s only new subscribers, it still doesn’t hit the sweet spot. 

It’s disappointing that we would have to also pay for Zapier if we want survey responses to update an existing Mailchimp subscriber. 😢

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@kabir.mathur do you know if there’s any timeline as to when/if current subscribers will be updated in the mailchimp integration?