Answered

Typeform Salesforce - Check for existing Leads/Contact records

• 22 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi,

We are several typeforms all over our website and sometimes a Lead or contact (already created in Salesforce) submits a typeform. Salesforce / Typeform Integration says: Use one of these records? as an error message. Can Typeform add the answers to fields to an existing record? This function is crucial! I thought the “check for existing” feature in the form mapping would do this, but turns out it is not.

Best,

Sarah

icon

Best answer by Liz 25 April 2024, 17:06

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sarah Beeke Thanks for stopping by the community! The integration should check for existing records if you have that field selected. Do you mind sending a screenshot of the error message you’re receiving? Thanks in advance!

Hi,

thanks. Attached the screenshots of the mapping and the error. The existing Leads was not updated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @Sarah Beeke ! Sometimes this happens when: 

• A key has been matched multiple times - this generates an error and the record is neither created nor updated
  • You are updating related record fields

Do you know if this happens to be the case? 

Hi,

thanks

• A key has been matched multiple times - this generates an error and the record is neither created nor updated → What do you mean by that? The Lead was already in Salesforoce wirh the lastname + email. But I would expect that the lead will be updates by the new fields… 
  • You are updating related record fields → What do you mean by that? I did not updated any fields.. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sarah Beeke Do you happen to know if this contact information has been updated by typeform multiple times? That might be causing the issue. 

If you haven’t already, it might also be worth reaching out to our technical team here, as they can also look at errors in the backend. 

Hi,

How do I check if the contact information has been updated by typeform multiple times? I just see that the entry in Typeform and the error message in Salesforce. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sarah Beeke I believe you should see this in the Salesforce record itself, but that’s probably a bit time consuming to review. If you haven’t already, definitely contact the tech team so they can look at any errors on the backend!