Question

Webhook integration HMAC problem

• 11 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi TypeForm Community!

I am currently trying to integrate the webhook, as many have attempted previously, but I am facing some issues with the HMAC verification.

A brief overview of my current setup:

1. I have a webhook.site address that I am pointing the TypeForm webhook to.
  2. Once the webhook is triggered, I copy the headers and content from webhook.site to Insomnia to simulate the call to my local backend instance.
  3. The local backend that I am using is a Strapi instance, and I check the HMAC signature in the endpoint’s policy.

The problem:

Using the provided examples here: Secure your webhooks, I have not been able to verify any of the calls. I have also tried various solutions suggested by the community, such as using the raw response, adding \n or \u000a to the end of the response body. However, none of the suggestions have worked.

Does anyone have an idea of what I might be doing wrong?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@picsoung or @mathio do you happen to have any idea what might solve this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can you try setting up a localtunnel and trigger the webhook directly to your local server? This will make sure there is no issue when copying the request via Insomnia.

I am sorry but I cant help with your implementation directly. If you still have any issues, feel free to share some relevant parts of your code.