Question

What does this mean "create a manual record in Salesforce for the response with null values"?

Badge

I’m confused about the directive in troubleshooting documentation to “create a manual record in Salesforce for the response with null values”. What does this mean and is it something that has to be done for every record that is missing a required field? I couldn’t find any questions around this already and may be missing something very obvious but would love some elaboration on what this means?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dmcmahon Let me check with our technical team on this!

Badge

Hey @Liz - thank you so much! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dmcmahon Are you trying to pull in data that isn’t working with the integration? I wasn’t able to find any references to the null bit in the documentation. 

Badge

Yes, I have a bunch of errors for the Salesforce integration. It was working for a short period of time and now it is throwing lots of different issues. Here is a screenshot of the de-reference a null object error I am trying to solve for. I read that specific line about the null values in this documentation from typeform: https://www.typeform.com/help/a/salesforce-integration-mapping-and-records-4404606710420/#h_01FCQF2FQC9Q0M9YZ3H26MVMM9

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dmcmahon Thank you! Do you happen to be integrating with fields that aren’t required? If so, this is what’s causing the error, and you will need to manually create that record to re-sync with salesforce. 

Badge

Thank you, @Liz. That may be the problem, if I have a required field on the typeform does it have to be a required field in Salesforce to properly sync? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dmcmahon Apologies for missing this! I don’t believe it needs to be required in Salesforce (but it would need to be required in Typeform if it’s required in Salesforce), but it’s definitely worth giving it a try. Salesforce can be really finicky. 

Badge

@Liz - no worries! Thanks for getting back to me. They are not required fields in Salesforce so I’m not sure what you mean by “Do you happen to be integrating with fields that aren’t required? If so, this is what’s causing the error, and you will need to manually create that record to re-sync with salesforce.” Could you elaborate?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dmcmahon Usually, both fields will need to be required in both platforms to work, but it might also be worth having our technical team take a look, as they might be able to see the errors better in the backend. 

Badge

@Liz Thank you so much, let me know if you need any more information on the errors. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @dmcmahon Definitely reach out to our tech team at that link and share this post with them!