Answered

Redirect to another registration form (not requiring data entry)

• 23 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi there - we have an old training course registration form that a range of groups have used for a while. We now need them to complete a new course registration form instead.

Is there anyway that Typeform can immediately redirect a user to the new form immediately (i.e not requiring them to actually go into the form and enter anything). Kind of like a URL redirection?

We have provided the groups with the link for the new form, but some might slip through the cracks. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz 24 January 2024, 15:52

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You can, but it will require you to submit the form, so:

• count as one submission
  • need usually one extra click (on the submit button before redirect)

You can see how it works on my contact page. Select option A or B, and you are redirected to another page with the second form. Please do not fill the second form until the end...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ryan Malone Happy Wednesday! You could pass their information into the URL using hidden fields, but they would still need to answer some sort of question to submit the form. 

One idea would be to embed the form into an email putting one question on the form. Then, when the respondent clicks the form in the email to open in a new tab, it will auto-submit their answer. 

Thanks to you both - I’ll give them a try. Much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know how it goes, @Ryan Malone !

@jeremielp 

Can you explain me how you made the form go to another form? I woul like to create a similar experience.

Background:

I have created a form for our teammembers to share their errors and suggestions. The response is then send into my trello board. However some of the errors and suggestions need to go in my marketing board others in the IT board. I am not able to add logic to the trello transfer, so either both teams receveice all errors and suggestion or 1 team.

My idea is to have one form to the eye of the person who fills it in, but after choosing certain answers in one question, in some cases it needs to automatically open an other form so I can make sure the trello response goes in the right board.

I seems when I choose option a or b in your site, it redirects to another form. Love to learn how you did this :-).

Greets Sara

@jeremielp,

I figured it out! thanks for the example on your website!