Answered

How to customise name field at contact info content

• 25 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Even though I already connected with Slack before changing all status, after I changed last name field at 'contact info' to not required status, then got an error that the last name not shown in slack  

because in korea, we normally type name to last name+first name in order.

We call name= 이름  and first name = 이름, It’s same…..

The divided fields make ppl confused to type name rather than combined for Korea user. 

my question is that I have to connect with slack whenever I revise contents and there insn’t any method to combine Last name + first name field for Korean ?

icon

Best answer by Liz 25 August 2023, 17:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mAy-I Inc. Thanks for stopping by the community! It isn’t possible to edit the contact information block, but I can suggest removing that block and using short text fields instead. 

Hi,

I’m using the Contact info question in my Typeform questionnaire.  I need the Phone number to read “Cell number.”  See the image below.  Is it possible to change this?  I cannot find this option.

Thanks

George Lintern

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @georgelintern Thanks for stopping by the community. I added your post here where we have an existing conversation about this. 

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the feedback.  Can you confirm your solution is five separate questions (each being a single short text question)?

Thanks

George Lintern

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@georgelintern - you could use the contact question but NOT show the the phone number field (1 question) and then have a second question for cell number by using the Phone Number question type - just make the question text state that you want the cell phone number 

Badge +1

If I can submit some feedback here for Typeform regarding this topic:

This is a consistent issue for me, too, that would easily be resolved if Typeform would give the option to customize the Contact fields. It makes far more sense to have it all on one page.

Additionally, it makes more sense to me to have a “consent” or “opt in” option embedded into the Contact block. More and more regions are starting to require this, and it makes sense to have it AS part of the contact information collection.

And, yes, I do realize I can do separate short-answer text questions for these, allowing me to “customize”. Please do not suggest that as you did for the other contributors. That is the workaround I already use. But it would be very valuable to us Typeform subscribers to have the option to do all of this WITHIN the Contact block, as I said. 

I’d appreciate it if you pass that along to the powers that be. It’s really frustrating constantly having to use “workarounds” for things that seemingly could simply be default features. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hbeckwith Oh, I totally agree with you! The upside is that the developers are working on adding this feature, so you’ll have the option to edit the placeholders soon. 😀