Answered

Can tags be added automatically by response?

I know I can manually add a tag in the results table. But I’m trying to find an option for tags to be added automatically according to the results.

I have a quiz type form, in the end of which the submitter gets a recommendation (ie result). I would like this result to show as a tag in the table. Seems obvious to me but can’t find this option.

Would love some help with this if anyone knows. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz 10 October 2022, 15:48

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Shellyk Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. 😀 We don’t have this feature available, but this is a great idea! I’ve shared the feedback with the product team. 

Has this feature been implemented yet? Is there no workaround using variables available?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MPP We don’t currently have this feature in the roadmap, but if this changes (or we have any workarounds), we’ll post them here. 

Guys, what DO you have in the roadmap then? This feature actually saves tonns of work in some scenarios and would not take a lot of devs time to implement. Please take a look at this,  because your tags are not useful at all without automation attached.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michaelx While we don’t have this feature on the roadmap, we do share features as they’re released in the community, so be sure to keep an eye out for those releases. 

I found a way to make this happen with variables...

Set up the variable options you need in Logic>Personalize with data>Variables

Add custom variables (I have text ones), but leave the starting value blank. Don’t use the tag name that you want here, use a recognisable code instead.

Then, go the final question that you’re using logic in to send people to their result and add another logic rule, for example:

If Q20 is B, then replace (choose desired variable) = (Write desired tag)

You can then use zapier to add the tag to a contact in your CRM and send them personalised emails :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MPP Oh thanks for sharing this! What a handy workaround. 😀

Hi there,
is there any update on the tagging to the results in the quiz type form? I have a quiz where the answeres are linked to different types. In the end I have 3 endings (3 different types). I want to give each ending a tag, so I can create 3 different emails with my active campaign connection. Or with Zapier, but I have to categorize or tag the endings first and I cannot find anything on the internet.
Is there a solution now in Typeform?
As this really is a dealbreaker to not have available…

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ellen2023 - if you are using a scoring quiz with variables, then you can ‘set’ the tag to pass downstream using logic rules 

ie create a variable called v_ending as a text variable type

use logic rule to replace the value of the v_ending variable along these lines: 

• if ending_score is range 1 then replace v_ending with tag-one
  • if ending_score is range 2 then replace v_ending with tag-two
  • if ending_score is range 3 then replace v_ending with tag-three

that will have the v_ending variable populated with the tag and available as part of the submitted data

if you are using an outcome quiz, check out this post in the community: 

des

Hey John,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately this seems to be a really time consuming and complicated workaround. Definately not what I was looking for. I found a solution for me, to not collect any costumer information in typeform but all in Active Campaign. I will place a link in the last typeform page which then sends the costumers to fill out their date in an ActiveCampaign form. This is definately the easier solution for me and I don’t need to connect both apps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad you were able to find a solution, @Ellen2023 !