Answered

Filter out leads

• 20 July 2021
  • 4 replies

When someone is answering multiple choice questions is there a way for me to filter out anyone that doesnt score a certain percentage?  There is no wrong answer on my type form BUT I am only interested in specific answers.

icon

Best answer by Mariana 20 July 2021, 10:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Stefler. Welcome to the Typeform Community :hugging:

In case you're willing to filter specific answers from a group of responses, I'd say the best option would be integrating with Google Sheets or exporting your results and then you can play around with the data, filtering it. 

Do you believe this would work for you? Let me know if I misunderstood your use case =)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Stefler ,

Welcome to the community!

@Mariana has a great solution for you. If you’re familiar with logic jumps, you could also ‘end the survey’ for a wrong answer (taking them to the thank you page if you have one) or jump over questions to go to the next applicable question. 

Would that also be a possible workaround? Let us know!

Thank you!!

@Mariana Thanks so much!  This will have to do! Its really not a big deal just wondering if the functionality is there!

For instance if I had some multiple choice questions

Question 1
Do you like cake?

• Yes
  • No

Do you like muffins?

• Yes
  • No

I only want to see people that say yes to muffins OR also people that say no to cake

so someone that says no to muffins and no to cake is still someone I want I might have 4 questions and someone who doesnt tick any of the requirements I have I dont even want to see (It will be much more than 4).

@vickioneill Thanks for the welcome!  as mentioned above this is probably why I dont want to use logic to stop the quiz/questions because I’m still interested in some answers along the way.

Thanks for both of your help!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Stefler - this comes from another user

you could actually assign ‘points’ to each score if you like and store those in a variable or set of variables and then at the end of your survey, based on answers and points, you could have something like this:

assume v_score is the points total and v_followup is a text variable that will indicate that you want to follow up with that individual

• if v_score is greater than 20 replace v_followup with “yes” 
  • if v_score is greater than 10 and v_score is less than or equal 20 replace v_followup with “maybe”
  • if v_score is less than or = 10 replace v_followup with “no”
  • if v_score equals yes jumpto ending A
  • if v_score equals maybe jumpto ending B
  • if v_score equals no jumpto ending C

you can then have an ending page with information and links to appropriate pages in your site or followup pages to which you wish to direct the user. 

you would also have the data available in your Results tab in Typeform or in a google sheet, crm system etc as integrated, that would allow you to undertake the appropriate actions

just my two cents from the igloo

des