Answered

Issue when removing incorrect responses from a form

• 5 February 2024
  • 7 replies

I created a form that was limited to 24 responses. 2 of the responses were incorrect, so I deleted them, which in theory should have left 2 more responses available. However, what the form continued to accept additional responses beyond the 24 response limit. Has anyone else come across this?

icon

Best answer by dompatmore 7 February 2024, 23:10

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dompatmore - can you show a screenshot of how you set up the form to close after 24 responses? 

btw, even if you delete 2 (or more responses) as being incorrect, that will NOT give you additional spots to fill - it’s based on submissions …

des

Sure-this is the way I have normally limited form entries. (I use typeform for competitions)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dompatmore - follow up.. when did you establish the ‘rule’ on the limit? before or after you started to get responses? (sorry for the pedantic-seeming ask - a client of mine decided to set a limit at 100 response AFTER they already had 40+ and ended up with the form closing with 140+ responses - 100 from the time the rule was put in place)

if it was up front and before any responses, then i would suggest creating a ticket with Typeform Support at this link - they can look deeper into the issue inside your account.. 

des

@john.desborough These are good questions. I established the rule first, before accepting entries. Once it reached 24 entries it closed as usual. When I deleted to entries it re-opened as expected, but didn’t close once it got to 24 again.

I was looking for the link to report as I think this might be a bug!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dompatmore - maybe when you deleted records and it reopened, it takes that as a ‘24 from now’ instead of 24 total.. 

let us know what Support says - it’s a good thing to make sure the rest of us know.. 

cheers

des

@john.desborough according to support, changing the number of entries on an existing form doesn’t include completed forms. So in my case, if I wanted to include 2 additional entries, I should change the number to 2. Changing it to 24 means that I wanted to allow 24 additional entries. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@dompatmore thanks for the update