Answered

Need help with adding or embedding discount code in my form

Badge

Hi!, I don’t think the title truly extensively describes what I need help with but here it is:

I am creating three groups with10 questions{Score based questions} not on the same page but all end results are after the respondee answer and scores a certain point they qualify to get a certain discount from my website..
Ie; a person who scores from 0-7, gets to see their score after taking the quiz and gets a 10% discount, but if they score 8-10, they get a 20% discount...
Can I add the discount code in the form or it have to direct them to my website to access, then if not, can I use a redirect URL ending but they need to see their score and the congratulations or no congratulations in the end screen depending on their score before they get access to the discount

How do I go about it?

icon

Best answer by Liz 7 March 2024, 17:47

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @The Enricher This is an interesting use case! Is the discount code unique for each person? If so, I believe @john.desborough might have a solution for this. 

If it’s not unique to each person, you could then use logic jumps to show the corresponding ending, add the discount code to that ending, and recall the score on that page. 

Badge

Hi @Liz, thanks so much for your swift response, but I am more like a newbie with Typeform, learning my way around…
But to answer the question, I have two discount codes, one which offers 10% and the other 20%, so depending on the score of each person, they get a discount…

But how do you mean, I add the discount code to the corresponding ending through logic jumps?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @The Enricher No worries at all! Are those discount codes unique to each respondent? Or is there one discount code for 10% (ex, 10%OFF) and 20% that they’ll see? Hopefully that makes sense!

Badge

Hi @Liz  No, there is just one discount code for 10% and 20% respectively that they would see

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ok great! That makes the setup a lot easier. This video below should help you out: 

Badge

@Liz, Thank you so much, that was helpful, really appreciate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear it! Let us know if you think of any other questions or get stuck anywhere when setting this up, @The Enricher !

Badge

Hi @Liz, please would love it if you could help me with this

please, urgent help, I would love to know if it is possible for those taking a quiz to know which answer they got wrong after completion of their final score

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@The Enricher - you can use logic rules and the @recall function to display details on the endings. 

Badge

Hi @john.desborough , thanks so much for your response…
But I am not entirely sure I understand how to go about that

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@The Enricher - here’s a simplistic approach: 

• create a variable for each question ie v_q1response, v_q2response etc as text variables and set the default value to “Wrong”
  • on q1 (and all the other questions) add a logic rule similar to this one: 
    • if q1 = C (the correct answer) then replace v_q1response with Correct
    • repeat for each question

then you can use a summary page or an ending to show the results

• Here’s how you did:
    • Question 1: @v_q1response
    • Question 2: @v_q2response
    • etc.. 

in each case the Wrong/Correct value would be displayed. 

that’s just a start of what you could do

des