Answered

Need users to see their results (scores for each question) AFTER they've submitted the results!

Badge

My question is simple. I am a new user, so please forgive me. On the website, there is a quote:

Tips! Note that there’s no way to see if answers are right or wrong in your Responses. However, if you’re not using the Calculator for scoring, you can use it to add one to every correct answer and zero to incorrect ones. This will allow you to easily filter all right and wrong answers when exporting your results.”

I am quite confused. I am administering a quiz. The results are sent to the users (and to me) by email. I WANT them to know which questions they got wrong. (NOT right after they answered the question, but after they have submitted the results - either via email or reviewing the answers right after the results have been submitted; preferably an option for either or both.) Is there really no simple, automated way to do this?

Again, sorry for the simpleton question, but I though this would be a basic function when I decided to migrate from QuestionWriter to Typeform, and I am missing this functionality already. If anyone can help, I’d be hugely grateful

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 14 March 2021, 13:40

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JasonM0103 - welcome to the Community from a user!

You could consider putting in a statement question to act as a summary at the end of the survey (or include the information in the email notification along the following lines:

Thanks for responding to the survey. Your results are as follows: 

Question 1: How much is 2+2?

Your answer: @recall_q1_response 

Correct answer: 4

with the Q1 “how much..” being the text of the question using recall function  and their answer using the recall function as well

you can do this in the email notification as well as on a statement page. I have included an example of how i built a confirmation email for ordering tshirts using the recall function as an example

I hope this helps move the needle 

des

Badge

Thanks a lot, Des. That’s certainly a huge help. 

One thing though: Is possible to simply send an email informing them of which questions they scored got right or wrong without telling them the correct answer.

So, ideally, I’d want to use a calculator and give +1 for each correct answer (say, on a multiple choice quiz). I’d like to let them know they got the answer wrong without telling them what it is (or even better, without reminding them what answer they gave). Is it possible to just show them the questions and tell them how many points they scored on each question without giving them any other info?

E.g., here’s a typical user report on QuestionWriter with the question + scores + times taken for each question) + the answer that was given on a multiple-choice test. I’m looking for something like that.

Of the following two languages, Modern English is more closely related to... 1 7.96s Middle English
Of the following two languages, Modern English is more closely related to... 0 20.98s Old Norse
Of the following two languages, Modern English is more closely related to... 1 10.97s Gothic
Of the following two languages, Modern English is more closely related to... 0 13.29s Arabic
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JasonM0103 - I can’t answer specifically on the time taken for each question (I don’t think Typeform will track/calculate that figure but someone from Typeform may respond to that)  however, you can do a number of different things relative to the reporting that might address the scenario (off the top of my head):

• in the example above, you don’t have to give the correct answer. that was an option
  • you could, for each question assign a value to each response, in a multiple choice question you could have the correct answer get a score of 1 and all the others a 0 and display that in the email - that takes some work in the logic area of the form but would replicate your table minus the time values
  • you could also use the Connect feature to integrate with Google Sheets, for example, to accept the survey input and create an automated report/email response back to the respondent using the Document Studio add-in for Google Sheets - which is what I do to provide a more comprehensive response that I can deliver in the Typeform statement pages. (allows for transformation of data and additional calculations etc.) 

For this latter piece, there is an example on the Help/Tutorial pages where this add-in is used to generate an event badge - it shows the basics of how to set up the integration with Document Studio - which is where i started when trying to figure this out. 

additional thoughts for a Sunday morning in the igloo. 

des

Badge

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer. I really don’t understand what to refer to to report the score for each individual question. 

I’ve calibrated things so that each correct answer gets a point, but how I ‘@’ whether they scored a point for that question?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JasonM0103  - check out this little sample  

here is the variable set up

and the logic example

hope that helps show my thinking on this

des

Badge

Oh, thank you so much. That’s exactly what I was looking for. The only problem is that I don’t even see an advanced logic tab in my editor. All the tutorials show this:

But all I see is this:

I know I’m asking a stupid question… But where’s the Logic Panel??

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

if you are on the ‘new builder’ version of the tool (they are in the process of rolling it out to users based on geography (or some begging and pleading with the company)) then you would have the following set up when you click on Logic at the top of the screen. see below

it’s in the new builder version and it works a treat.. 

des

Badge

Oh. No wonder. So at least I know I’m not crazy. Apparently, I don’t have that version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

you can send in a request to the support team to see when/if your version will be rolled up to the new version.. 

But at least you know you can do that in Typeform natively. once you have that version lol. 

Badge

God that absolutely sucks. I don’t even see a support team. I charged it to my CC yesterday, I think I’ll just dispute the charges. It does not work as was advertised in the tutorial.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JasonM0103 apologies for any confusion on the builders! We’re working on adding the new builder to all accounts as quickly as we can, so you should have it in your account soon!

Though, if you would prefer to find a different service in the meantime that works better for you, you can contact our support team here for some help with your billing.