Answered

Percentage based answers

• 8 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Is there a way I can create a quiz where each question gets tallied to have a percentage of each possible answer at the end? For example, I am creating a quiz to see the percentage of each social style someone identifies with. Each answer to each question will tie to a social style. At the end, I would like the answer to be percentages of each social style. Also, is there a template that already has this feature? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 8 September 2021, 23:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @julianamejia44 Happy Wednesday! While it isn’t exactly possible to have the answers tally up as different percentages, you could use one of our personality templates, which is a similar concept. In the personality quizzes, it will show a different personality (or social style, in your case!) based on the questions answered. 

Would something like that work for you? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@julianamejia44 ( @Liz ) - this is from another user

You can do this IF you are willing to use the Advance Logic branching and calculation and assign points for each answer to a given personality type ie say you have 10 questions and 4 personality types, you might assign one point to a given personality type based on the user’s answer to a question. At the end of the quiz you would have to do the calculation in the background with something like this:

• personality type A = 5
  • type B = 2
  • type C =2
  • type D = 1

since you have a total of 10 points possible you can calculate the percentage values by using logic something like this:

• if type_A_score is greater than or equal to 0, then add type_A_score to type_A_percentage
  • if type_A_score is greater than or equal to 0, then divide type_A_percentage by 10
  • you would then have to multiply the type_A_percentage variable by 100 to get a “50” percent figure that you could @recall into an answer page. 

by repeating the logic for all the other personality types, you would end up with 50, 20, 20 , 10 percent for the 4 types listed in my example. 

just a thought

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @julianamejia44 were you able to give either of these a try? :grinning: