Answered

UTM Tag not sending to Typeform Results

Hey all,

I’d have a small question regarding utm tracking, I’d love to send the tags into the typeform result dashboard and google analytics and have set it up like this:

It’s an embedded form in a Wordpress landing page. I have actived the UTM tracking in the setup of the typeform with all 5 options available (source, medium, campaign, term, content)

The source of the traffic is FB Ads with a manual UTM LInk which points to the landing page with embed form.

https://sample.page/landingpage/?utm_source=fbads&utm_medium=square&utm_campaign=samplecampaign&utm_term=feed&utm_content=version1

Is there a chance this could work and show the details from utm? Quite new to using UTM so would be greatful for a little push in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Liz 7 July 2022, 16:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @thdm Happy little Friday! Yes, you should be able to pass UTM variables through an embedded form. 

To do this, you’ll first want to set up the embed according to the instructions here

Let us know when you’ve got this set up and if you run into any troubles doing so!

hey @Liz thanks so much for your feedback. I built this setup but still no utm data coming in. I’m sure I’ve built an error at some point but can’t figure it out, maybe you could have a look? :) Thanks so much and B Best, Toni

<div data-tf-widget="SAMPLECODE" data-tf-transitive-search-params="utm_source, utm_medium, utm_campaign, utm_term, utm_content" data-tf-iframe-props="title=sample title" data-tf-medium="snippet" data-tf hidden="utm_source=xxxxx,utm_medium=xxxxx,utm_campaign=xxxxx,utm_term=xxxxx,utm_content=xxxxx" style="width:100%;height:400px;"></div><script src="//embed.typeform.com…."></script>

Link from FB: ttps://sample.page/landingpage/?utm_source=fbads&utm_medium=square&utm_campaign=samplecampaign&utm_term=feed&utm_content=version1

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @thdm Thanks! Can you send the URL where you have the form embedded so we can take a look? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @thdm! Make sure to send the URL where your form is embedded, this would help us to understand what's happening here! Have a nice day! 

Hey there,

hope all is well. Thanks for your help on this. with your help I’ve managed to get everything working with FB Ads and UTM Tags, results now showing up in the results correcty. :)

Now I’d love to solve the same with Google Ads, I’d love to track the UTM tag which gets sent by the Google Ads campaign link to the camapaign landing page and then to the typeform utm results page. I’ve used the same mechanic with the links as with Facebook, the code on the landing page should be fine as it works with FB but until now fields are empty. Is this transmission of UTM tags with Google Ads possible like with FB Ads? @Liz@Gabi Amaral 

Thanks and Best, Toni

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @thdm I believe Google Ads has different UTM variables that you’ll need to add to your hidden fields within Typeform. Do you already have those there?