Skip to main content
Answered

NEED HELP! Money deducted without any notice. How can I get refund asap?

• 29 April 2024
  • 6 replies

I had a free student’s plan (through GitHub) which I used once for a classroom project and never used Typeform again. I recently graduated. I got a mail out of the blue saying 539€ were paid for an annual subscription renewal.

That’s a disastrous unplanned expense for me as an immigrant unemployed fresh graduate in Europe. Kindly cancel my subscription and please issue me a refund of the 539€.

What might help (for others, in future) is a reminder email a week *before* the renewal date with a choice to continue or discontinue the subscription. 

I have already raised a ticket and recieved an auto-generated response, but it is very stressful for me untill and unless I get the refund or at least an assuring response from a contact person (not auto-generated).

6 replies

Thank you Typeform billing team and/or support team. You were quick and resolved my problem aptly. This is a huge relief for me :) Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad to hear they got back to you, @rajaBiswas ! Let us know if you need help with anything else. 

Exact same thing happened to me. Github student developer plan offered up free subscription, so i used Typeform for a few forms to as a hobby and got charged $500 which is a crazy amount for me as a graduate, literally my rent this month. I dont understand why there isn't an alert or reminder before they take the money. And why not take a monthly amount instead of a a yearly subscription with the maximum amount of responses??? Typeform is an awesome service and product, this small change can make a huge difference guys. I love the product just can't afford it.

I have submitted a support ticket to try get a refund, they responded very quickly and kindly, which is great.

Just waiting to see if they will refund me. Please Typeform billing team help me here and God help me

Exact same thing happened to me. Github student developer plan offered up free subscription, so i used Typeform for a few forms to as a hobby and got charged $500 which is a crazy amount for me as a graduate, literally my rent this month. I dont understand why there isn't an alert or reminder before they take the money. And why not take a monthly amount instead of a a yearly subscription with the maximum amount of responses??? Typeform is an awesome service and product, this small change can make a huge difference guys. I love the product just can't afford it.

I have submitted a support ticket to try get a refund, they responded very quickly and kindly, which is great.

Just waiting to see if they will refund me. Please Typeform billing team help me here and God help me

I heard back from the billing team and they will refund the amount in 5-10 working days. Thank you Typeform support so much for a speedy process.

One question? Do my card details need to be left in the payments section to receive my refund?

Glad to hear they got back to you, @rajaBiswas ! Let us know if you need help with anything else. 

One question? Do my card details need to be left in the payments section to receive my refund?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Gary111111 Glad to hear they got back to you! I believe you can delete the card information, but let me double check with our billing team.