New feature

📣 New feature alert! Live form embedding

📣 New feature alert! Live form embedding
Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 13000 replies

Happy August, typeformers!

For those of you who love to embed your typeforms, you’re really going to dig this new feature. 

Our product team has made a small (but mighty!) update to the embed code. Previously, if you made any changes to the design of the embed (such as the button text/colors/etc), you needed to re-embed the code for those changes to go live. 

Now, with our updated live embed feature, you can make any changes to the look of your embedded typeform and those changes will automatically reflect in your embedded typeform. No more need to re-embed each time you make a change!

Watch the video below to learn more about this feature or read about it in our Help Center article here

As always, share any feedback or comments in the thread below. 

Happy embedding!

11 replies

Badge

Happy August, typeformers!

For those of you who love to embed your typeforms, you’re really going to dig this new feature. 

Our product team has made a small (but mighty!) update to the embed code. Previously, if you made any changes to the design of the embed (such as the button text/colors/etc), you needed to re-embed the code for those changes to go live. 

Now, with our updated live embed feature, you can make any changes to the look of your embedded typeform and those changes will automatically reflect in your embedded typeform. No more need to re-embed each time you make a change!

Watch the video below to learn more about this feature or read about it in our Help Center article here

As always, share any feedback or comments in the thread below. 

Happy embedding!

Hi Liz!

Can different team members edit the same embed? Or are they personal?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @netfuzzer Just to clarify, do you mean edit the embed settings in the builder? 

with this awesome new feature, Is it possible to change the inline css to change the font-family of the embedded button?

solved 😀
Just add a class to the div container and add some custom css to is.

<div class="tf-button" style="padding: 0 20px 20px 0;" data-tf-live="xxxxxxxxxxxxx"></div><script src="//embed.typeform.com/next/embed.js"></script>

.tf-button button {
font-weight: unset !important;
font-family: unset !important;
height: 37px !important;
line-height: 37px !important;
}

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@centervanliempd glad you were able to find a solution ha! Let us know if you have any other questions. 😀

Badge

Hey @Liz,

I love this feature, but somehow the side tab is showing up twice on our client’s blog. The new code snippet is implemented only once, but I am afraid there might be the old HTML code in there as well. Can you do me a favor and send me an example of the old HTML code so I can go through the website code and delete it (I can’t find it nowhere anymore).

Thanks in advance,

Felix

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @saphiron I’m afraid I wouldn’t have any old code available, but I would suggest searching for “typeform” in the code itself to find any traces of the embed code!

Badge

@Liz,

thanks for your response. Actually we realized there is no old code on the page. It seems to be a bug? Has someone reported this besides us? Here is an example: https://www.spized.com/de/magazin/trainingslager-tipps

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @saphiron Ohhh I see what you’re saying. I just viewed the URL on Safari but didn’t see the issue. Do you know what device/browser you’re seeing the issue on? 

Badge

@Liz That would be Windows 11 with Chrome. I know my client is using a Mac, though. Same issue. Thanks for looking into this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @saphiron The screenshot above is from a mobile device - do you happen to know what device that’s appearing on? 

@mathio you don’t happen to see this on your end, do you? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello @saphiron I can see this embed is loaded twice:

I didnt find this HTML embed code in your website source code twice. Are you sure you are not loading the embed by other means?