Answered

Send custom endings as part of respondent email notifications

• 11 February 2021
  • 43 replies

I’ve created a form which has multiple endings which show depending on how the user has answered the questions.

I’d like to email the user their answers, including the custom ending that they were shown. I can’t see this option when trying to create the respondent email notification (I can only select their answers to particular questions, but not their custom ending).

Does anyone know where I’m going wrong? Or if there’s a workaround?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz 11 February 2021, 20:57

View original

43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kk-typeform @Pletorica Designs @telmar @Brandon2323 @Startup Program @AK-PP @Jessie @jillybean @Crlao @Jennwalgren @sfluzin 

Just wanted to let you know that we do have a new feature out that lets you send different emails according to answers on the form: 

This might come in handy for some of you!

Appreciate the update Liz, I’ll check it out!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you @Liz  , it looks amazing, but I cannot see the new function yet.

Cheers,

Carlo

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Crlao I’ve responded in the other post. 😀

@Brandon2323 Welcome! Let us know if you end up using follow-ups!

Hello @Liz ,

Is it possible to send the ending in the follow-up email or as a link for people to see later? Or do I need to write everything in the email, again? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Grigoriou Interiors While it’s not possible to send the ending, what I would suggest would either be: 

• write each ending into your email notifications or
  • add a page on your website with the ending information and more info such as videos/content/etc etc

Hopefully that helps!

Thank thank

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Melek labidi thanks for stopping by! Do you have any questions you’d like help with? 

@Liz @kk-typeform 

another option would be to use the Typeform to Google Sheets integration and the Document Studio integration - push the data into a Google doc template, including pulling the custom ending from the data on the Sheet, via the Document Studio add-on integration to generate the pdf and email to send to the user. 

des

Can you explain in detail as to how to do this please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Preethi - there was a workshop on this last week.. here’s the link to the post and replay. 

des

Hey. Thanks. I just discovered that there’s a follow up option. But how to attach a pdf to that. I can send out a mail but how to attach a pdf. My pdf is just based on the ending page and requires no calculation or anything. So, I don’t think google sheets or document studio is of big use. I just want an automatic email to be sent whenever a person lands on that particular landing page but with a pdf attachment 

@Preethi - there was a workshop on this last week.. here’s the link to the post and replay. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Preethi - you can’t attach a pdf to the notification email that comes out from Typeform unfortunately

des

@Preethi - you can’t attach a pdf to the notification email that comes out from Typeform unfortunately

des

How else can I do it then? I just need to build a workflow saying that “hey, if a person lands on a particular langind page, send an email with a pdf related to that ending”. How can I do this ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Preethi - Typeform is not an ‘email service platform’ … you would need to either use an ESP or CRM solution OR if you are sending them a static pdf that you have created and stored in google drive or similar, you can add the url to the pdf in the email. 

Thank you so much!

Thanks @Liz ! This is really great! I am setting up an email response for each ending in the quiz. Is there a way to add an image to the emails? Or is it just texts and hyperlinks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Ada2023 - you can send images in the followups. just use something like this: 

what i got in the email notification: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Ada2023 Did the solution from Des above help? 😁