Workshop

Rewatch the workshop: Learn how to automatically turn quiz responses into personalised reports 🪄

• 6 September 2023
  • 23 replies
Rewatch the workshop: Learn how to automatically turn quiz responses into personalised reports 🪄
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey folks,

Yesterday I ran a live workshop showing how to auto-generate and send PDF reports from typeform responses. We looked at how to use Typeform, Google Sheets/Docs/Slides, and Document Studio to automate PDF report creation and email distribution – without coding!

Thanks to everyone who turned up on the day and joined in, it was good fun! I'm posting the recording of the workshop here so you can rewatch it (or watch for the first time if you didn't make it live!)

Here's a breakdown of what you'll find in the session:

[00:01] Intro and welcome from Liz

[01:44] A bit about me

[03:29] What we'll cover – scope of the workshop

[06:58] Examples of PDF reports you can create

[09:06] Intro to the tools you'll need

[10:02] Overview of the process

[10:52] Certificate example walkthrough (simple complexity)

[26:05] Data quality assessment example walkthrough (medium complexity)

[40:04] Wrapping up

[41:01] Q&A

[50:40] Next steps

Thanks again, and hopefully see you again soon for more Typeform enlightenment!

des

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Having had a sneak peek into what tricks @john.desborough has up his sleeve for this, I can whole heartedly recommend this one. Great for anyone who wants to save time and impress their clients/potential clients!

So excited :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m gutted to have found Typeform after the date of this workshop.  I could do with learning all this right off the bat - any chance you recorded it or are running another one?

Assessment reports: create custom assessments and automatically send them to your audience

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m gutted to have found Typeform after the date of this workshop.  I could do with learning all this right off the bat - any chance you recorded it or are running another one?

Assessment reports: create custom assessments and automatically send them to your audience

It’s coming up in 10 days. You didn’t miss anything!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you very much for doing this @john.desborough 

I have been desperately seeking a way to send personalized reports based on quiz outcomes to my customers. I spoke with the people at ReportGorilla, an integration option for Typeform but they quoted me nearly $10k for the first year.

Userlevel 1
Badge

OMG - I just lost a month!  I was already in October in my head! Yey! I’ll get signed up!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Will this webinar help with creating a team report? (collective responses - not just individual)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Will this webinar help with creating a team report? (collective responses - not just individual)

@pdxchickgirl - can you give a little more context on what you mean by “collective responses” for a team report? just want that info before i can yes or no about the inclusion in the workshop

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am creating an assessment for each member of a team to take and have an anonymous report that shows an average, mean, or range (low to high) - depending on the question -  of the team members’ responses pooled together. I can then have a team profile with strengths and gaps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@pdxchickgirl - It isn’t explicitly a use case that i will cover in detail, but one of the samples I was going to show includes describing how to pull data from sheets (not just a tab in same sheet) into the ‘report row’ of data if you need. 

that will be more work on the google sheets end than in the typeform - i use a similar method for a maturity assessment where i have the user input an industry selection along with their responses. The google sheet (ecosystem) has a sheet/tab that captures the ‘industry related’ data inputs from the user, calculates the revised industry totals/averages/means etc and the updated averages are pulled into the report that goes back to the user… say they were user 15 in the industry, the values returned would be based on 15 responses for that individual versus the 14 that the previous industry participant would have received. 

building that out in google sheets was much more effort than what i intend to show in the session BUT it is possible… 

to get the composite ‘team profile’ ie one report that shows ‘summary report data’ for all team members, that would probably have to be run outside of the process that I am going to present - more based on each transaction coming in than a summary - BUT you could follow the same principles to generate if you wanted to. 

hope that is not too vague an answer for you.. but it’s all i have from 36,000 feet over the Atlantic at the moment.. lol

des

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for your reply, John! I’m wondering if I should have chosen a different platform for team responses (any recommendations? Is that ok to ask here?), but I’m also interested in what you are presenting, too, because it would be nice to have a personal report as well from this process. Safe travels!

Hello John!

Will it be recorded so I can watch it and implement your process?

Your workshop will happen during my own workshop in another community… 

Thank you so much for doing this. THIS is the subject I have been researching for months and really need the help.

Guillaume

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Guillaume Wiatr yep don’t worry we’ll capture @john.desborough in action (hopefully I’ll remember to press record :P) and share the workshop on the Community afterwards. If you sign up to it we’ll send you an email afterwards with a link to the recording.

Hope you find it helpful, and good luck with your workshop 😎

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks so much @john.desborough .  I have a client meeting that is a must attend, and am very grateful you will be recording. 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks a mil for this @john.desborough - bravo for such a well presented and useful guide. You definitely brought the magic (very disappointed that your interpretive dance didn’t actually come out in the recording though 😂)

Thanks to everyone who came and made it such a nice atmosphere. Echoing what des said in his wrapup, we LOVE it when you folks share the cool stuff you’ve been doing and would be happy to shine the spotlight on you in Community events like these in the future. Feel free to ping myself or @Liz if you have something to share and we can make it happen!

@Guillaume Wiatr @pdxchickgirl @Cameron Cogs @kelsie pinging you here in case you couldn’t make it yesterday 👀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This was a lot of fun, @john.desborough ! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and interpretive dances!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

doing my best to pay it forward….. @James @Liz  thank you for hosting it.. 

if anyone got/gets some value out of session, do me a favour and pay it forward by paying for someone’s coffee the next time you are having a brew… a first responder, a teacher, a nurse, anyone who makes our communities safer for everyone. 

thanks

des

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey @john.desborough, I just finished watching your workshop. I just wanted to thank you for sharing with us what we can do with Document Studio. It seems very user-friendly, and I can’t wait to show it to my team. Keep up the great work! This was amazing. I will look out for future workshops from you.
Ps I will definitely pay it forward tomorrow when I get my daily coffee ☕️ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @john.desborough, I just finished watching your workshop. I just wanted to thank you for sharing with us what we can do with Document Studio. It seems very user-friendly, and I can’t wait to show it to my team. Keep up the great work! This was amazing. I will look out for future workshops from you.
Ps I will definitely pay it forward tomorrow when I get my daily coffee ☕️ 

@Jsanchez204 - thanks for the props.. it’s my way of avoiding writing code lol. 

and as @Liz will say - pix or it didn’t happen (ie paying it forward selfie lol) 

thanks again

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@James you better get that video of the interpretive dance! It has to be saved in zoom somewhere! 🤣

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Looking sharp @john.desborough ! Congrats everyone involved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Looking sharp @john.desborough ! Congrats everyone involved. 

lol.. thanks @Gabolino .. nice to see you again . 

Is this possible to do on the free version or only on one of the paid versions of Typeform?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @kylaray yes, it’s possible to connect your typeform to Google Sheets using the free plan. You can then go ahead and use Document Studio with GSheets to create and send the reports as des explains in the guide. Again, there’s no charge for doing this.

Keep in mind that with the free version of Typeform you’re limited in terms of the number of responses you collect. You can find more details here: https://www.typeform.com/help/a/free-plan-360032972852/

Let us know how you get on if you end up creating the solution!

Cheers
James