Answered

Scoring Multiple Sections and Sending Results to Assessment Taker

Ok so I’ve seen this done with Typeform but cannot figure out how to do it myself. I have an assessment that needs to provide an overall score and scores for 5 individual sections. After the assessment is submitted, I need to send a copy of all of the results - overall and each section along with some pre written feedback. It would look something like: 

Section 1 overall score:

Feedback …..

Section 2 overall score:

Feedback ….

Etc. 

Does anyone know how to do something like this? I’ve been looking everywhere for hints lol!

Appreciate any help.

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 6 May 2021, 03:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Meredith21 - welcome to the community from another user

i use this method in my day to day work to do very similar types of assessments. 

if you want to try out this sort assessment on data quality, you will see pretty much what you are seeking - only three sections in this one, but i have other assessments that are bigger and broader but use the same techniques. put in a valid email address and you will get a customized report that pulls data into the report template based on what you have entered in your survey. 

tools used: Typeform, Google Sheets, Document Studio - an addin for Google Sheets, and, in this case, a Google Slides template. 

if you search in this community on Document Studio, you will find a number of posts about the tool and various ways to use it. 

Hope you will try the link to see if this is what you are trying to achieve at your end. 

cheers

des

@john.desborough - thank you so much for this! I tested your form this morning and it worked just as I had described. Ill take a stab at designing and deploying the assessment using the tools mentioned above and searching the community as described. I may end up pinging you again if I run into any hiccups.

Thanks again :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough - thank you so much for this! I tested your form this morning and it worked just as I had described. Ill take a stab at designing and deploying the assessment using the tools mentioned above and searching the community as described. I may end up pinging you again if I run into any hiccups.

Thanks again :)

glad to be of service in showing that it CAN be done.. the google sheet secret: Connect your typeform to the sheet and create a second tab for the reporting part - you will want to use the arrayforumla() function to automatically pull the records from the results dump tab into the reporting tab, where you can change the field names to something that is more reasonable to use. 

you can nest the if statements to examine your scores in ranges inside the arrayformula() function to determine where someone sits along a range of scores - i have included one such statement from the spreadsheet that generated the report you saw: 

=arrayformula((if(isblank(N2:N), " " ,if(N2:N<=12, 'level details'!$A$5, if((N2:N>12) * (N2:N<=20),'level details'!$A$4, IF((N2:N>20) * (N2:N<=28),'level details'!$A$3,IF((N2:N>28),'level details'!$A$2,"des error")))))))

which looks up values from another page and pulls them in based on the score being in a specific range. 

that was the hardest part to figure out - there is a difference in how you write the AND/OR logic inside the arrayformula function that took 12 google searches to find lol

good luck

des