Answered

Survey state management, Resume survey where user left in previous session

I'm seeking guidance from the TypeForm Community regarding a user data collection scenario. My aim is to gather information from logged-in users before they file their taxes. The questionnaire could consist of more than 30 to 40 questions. Users will access the TypeForm survey on my website and may fill out some questions before logging out. Upon returning, they should be able to resume from where they left off in the survey. How can I implement this functionality using TypeForm?

icon

Best answer by Grace 8 May 2024, 10:56

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mhindupur welcome to the community 😊

Users should be able to return to your form and pick up where they left off, we have this Help Center article that explains how autosave works, but let us know if you have any follow up questions! 

Hi Grace, 
Still my concern not answered completely. 

Let me explain with example 

User A logs into our application which internally renders the typeform with formid 

When a user logs into our application, they begin filling out a series of questionnaires. However, they may only answer 5 out of 10 questions before logging out. Later, if the user logs back in, whether it's through a different browser or a different devices, it's crucial that they can seamlessly pick up where they left off.

hope you clear with scenario, Hoping for solution to my concern. 
thanks in advance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mhindupur thanks for the additional info. As long as they’re on same device and browser it will save their place so they can come back to the form.

I'm seeking guidance from the TypeForm Community regarding a user data collection scenario. My aim is to gather information from logged-in users before they file their taxes. The questionnaire could consist of more than 30 to 40 questions. Users will access the TypeForm survey on my website and may fill out some questions before logging out. Upon returning, they should be able to resume from where they left off in the survey. How can I implement this functionality using TypeForm?

hello i’m facing a similar issue, can i contact you on any of your socials?