Answered

Formatting the results of a form submission

• 13 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have a specific need that I hope someone can help me with. I want to create a form to handle submissions from sales agents reporting their results, and I want to make it as simple as possible for them to use.

I want one form with one submit button, and there will be "sections" within the form. Upon submission I need each section to appear on separate rows of a spreadsheet. Each section will relate to an item being sold, let's use cars as an example.

So the form is called "Car sales". The sections look something like the following;

• Title of section - (prefilled text that cannot be edited)
  • Registration number - (text entered by user)
  • Result - (list of options - Sold, Not sold, Withdrawn, Passed in - User chooses one option)
  • Sale price - (text entered by user)
  • Comment - (text entered by user)

A dividing line appears between the sections and there might be 10 or more sections, so it’s like forms within a form.

When I download the results I need a spreadsheet that shows all of the sections listed on separate lines, with column headings corresponding to the above fields, so all the Titles are in one column, all of the Registration numbers are in one column, all the results are in one column etc etc.

Is that possible?

Regards

Mark

icon

Best answer by Mariana 15 February 2021, 10:46

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Markinoz. Welcome to our Community! 🥳

You can download the results of your form but cannot customize how the result will be displayed. The default format will show the question in the first line (more questions mean more columns on the left side) and all the responses will be in the following lines according to the question answered.

If you're willing to have a different layout, you can play around with that once the file is exported. You can choose between XLSX (Excel) or CSV file. Here is how you can export it. 🙂 Let us know if you have any troubles when following these steps.

Hope this helps!