Answered

Can't Stop Quiz from Scrolling

• 6 December 2021
  • 26 replies

Hi all,

I’m not able to stop the Quiz from scrolling between questions.

I was expecting to have to answer a question in order to move to the next one. 

Is something that I’m missing?

Thanks,

Emma 

icon

Best answer by Liz 6 December 2021, 18:54

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Emma Brown Happy Monday! I hope you’re having a good one. 

This is expected behavior - the form will allow the respondent to scroll through the questions even if they haven’t answered them. 

If you would like to stop this, you’ll need to setup the logic jumps here that prevent the respondent from viewing the questions until they have provided an answer. 

I hope this helps!

Will this still work if all of my answers don’t branch off to differing followup questions?

I’m asking because I added the logic and cliecked “required” on each form, but the scrolling is still occurring? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @davidking65 Could you send a screenshot of the logic you have set up? 

Hi Liz…

I got it fixed.  Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh! Glad to hear, @davidking65 . Thanks for letting us know! What fixed the issue? 

How did you fix it? i can't find it. I want disable the ability to scroll through the entire form so that they it is impossible to find out which question and how many questions are coming.

How do i do this? i can't find it anywhere and the logic jumps don't work. 

Dylan

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, guys _o/

I also am not aware how to prevent the scrollbar functionality at all. I’ve followed @Liz ‘s link, every page I have is required but this doesn’t prevent the user from scrolling to the next question. I am using the <Widget/> component for ReactJS.

@Liz Is there a way to remove the scrollbar functionality at all? I want the user to be able to see the next question only after filling the current, and after pressing “next” button or enter key. I don’t want the user to be able to scroll to the next or previous ones, etc. 
Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Petar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @XxXtraCookie could you share a screenshot of the logic jumps you have setup so we can take a look at this? Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @XxXtraCookie could you share a screenshot of the logic jumps you have setup so we can take a look at this? Thanks!

Hey, @Liz , good morning!

I hope these are the screenshots you asked me about. Basically, almost all of my questions have set where to go after user’s answer, some of them have logic to skip some questions, depending on the current answer but my main issue is no matter what logic I apply the user is always able to jump go to next question or go back to the previous one with his mouse scroll, regardless of the current question if it’s answered or not. I need a way to remove this mouse scroll functionality, e.g. I need to user to be stuck on a question and to be able to move forward only when the question is answered. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Petar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @XxXtraCookie Ah, thanks for sending this over. It does look like you have everything set up correctly for the statements, but for the questions that have answer options, you’ll need to set up the logic jumps like this: 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you, @Liz ! I will try it later to see if it’s okay :) Have a great day ^_^

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you, @Liz ! I will try it later to see if it’s okay :) Have a great day ^_^

Amazing, @Liz , thank you so much!!! ^_^

Have a wonderful day,

Petar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let me know how it goes, @XxXtraCookie !

Userlevel 1
Badge

Let me know how it goes, @XxXtraCookie !

Oh, sorry, I wrote you “amazing and thank you” but from excitement I forgot to mention that it worked perfect, exactly as we wanted :))))) Thank you once again!

Best regards,

Petar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

🤣 I’m glad it worked well! 

Let us know if we can help with anything else. 😀

Is there any chance to disable the scroll functionality of the forms? 

When user scroll through our websites, they accidentially change questions, even when I setup “required”, “navigation arrows” aso.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @mattomedia I’ve added your post here where we have a solution for this. 

I am not so happy with this work around as I can scroll back for example.

Its also not helpful, that this work around doesn’t work for contact pages...

Can’t you just add an option, to disable jumping between questions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the feedback, @mattomedia . We don’t currently have this as a feature, so I would suggest using the workaround above. 

I think this should be a priority #1 to fix. I have multiple clients who we have embedded lead forms and because of the scroll they do not answer and have a terrible conversion rate.

Might have to move away from these forms if we can not get this fixed.

Please advise.

Thank you

Correct… We are already switching to our old forms...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for the feedback, @Domain Realty and @mattomedia . As always, keep an eye on the community in case this is a feature that is added. 

Hi! I am building out a quiz and when I go to my link after publishing, you can scroll without even answering and see all upcoming questions. How can I make it so I can just show one question at a time without being able to look at any upcoming questions? I have already set the logi and the braches and calculations and it is still not working. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @pamelakrista I moved your post here where we have an existing conversation about this. 😀

Hi @Liz I am still havinf issues, here is my screenshot!