Question

Custom Typeform to SFDC Mapping

• 20 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’m pretty sure what I’m about to ask for is NOT possible - but it sure would be a nice feature.

I am building a lead-gen form and I would like to use graphical options in my answer, with easy to understand text - and map them to product names in Salesforce.

For example:

Easy to use point and click tool → Product 1

A script based tool → Product 2

Etc. - where “Product 1 and Product 2” are pick-list values in Salesforce, and the text versions are the text options in Typeform

Is this possible?

Thanks

Walter

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @wpaliska ,

Quick clarification question - are you using the ‘picture’ question in Typeform and wanting to map the text under the picture option to Salesforce? If you can provide a screencast or video of what you’re trying to do I’d be happy to see if I can help you resolve it. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The info @vickioneill asked for will be super handy for us to get a better idea, @wpaliska ! :grin:

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Here is (basically) what I am trying to do - for each “picture” below, I would like to associate a “product name” in Salesforce.

My salesforce picklist has product name values - like “dotData Enterprise” “dotData Py” etc. - that someone filling out a form won’t necessarily be familiar with

So, ideally, when they click on “GUI-Based...” I would like the Salesforce value to be “dotData Enterprise”

Hope this helps

W

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@wpaliska - a user from the suggestion 

• if Qn = A replace v_product with ‘dotData Enterprise’
  • if Qn =B replace v_product with ‘dotData Py’ 

and then map the v_product variable to the product name field in sforce

is that the logic you would need to add to the Qn logic rules?? 

des

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @john.desborough 

Thanks for the suggestion - the only problem with using a variable is that (if I recall) it creates (basically) a new “field” that has to be mapped back to SFDC - and the current Typeform to SFDC integration requires ALL form fields to be mapped to an equivalent SFDC field - so I can’t map v_product to the product name in SFDC since I also have the original question that needs to be mapped.

Only way around it (that I am aware of) is to create a bogus SFDC field where I can map whichever Typeform question I don’t need.

Hope my explanation is clear...and thanks for the suggestion

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@kabir.mathur you don’t by chance happen to know of any other workarounds, do you? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Interesting use case. Unfortunately, I don’t know of a workaround @Liz.