Answered

How to change the height and width of Sidetab?

• 10 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello Everyone,

I want to know how to change height and width of the Sidetab.

And one more question when I click on the Sidetab, it shows a white outline around it, how should I remove it.

I am using @typeform/embed-react npm package.

This is my code 

import React from 'react'
import { Sidetab } from '@typeform/embed-react'

const Feedback = () => {
return (
<div>
<Sidetab id="<form-id>" className=" " buttonText="Feedback" autoClose="2000" buttonColor="#3B82F6" height="100px" />
</div>
)
}

icon

Best answer by Liz 13 September 2021, 15:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @thefierycoder Happy Fri-yay! Would you mind sending the URL where you have the form embedded so we can see where the white space is coming from? 

You should be able to specify the height and width in the options of your code per the instructions here.

Tagging @picsoung just in case I’m reading this incorrectly! 

Hello Liz,

Here is the url: https://www.codingspace.codes/

When you click on the sidetab, it shows a white outline around it.

How to get rid of this white outline?

I tried to specify height and width but It changes the height of typeform that is inside the button but not the height and width of the sidetab button itself.

<Sidetab id="<form-id>" className=" " buttonText="Feedback" autoClose="2000" buttonColor="#3B82F6" height="100px" />

Please help me with both of these issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @thefierycoder Thank you! This helped a lot. It looks like your site has some overriding CSS that’s adding a border to the button from the Main CSS file. You’ll want to either remove the border option in that file or adjust the code to prevent it from overriding all of the CSS styles on your site. 

As for changing the height/width - I apologize because I realize I read your initial message incorrectly. You can change the height/width of the form itself, but it’s not possible to adjust the button height/width yet. 

I hope this helps!