Answered

Skipping Rating Questions

• 11 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I have a few questions that are RATING questions - 1 - 5 stars, for example. If the question doesn’t apply to the respondent, they are free to skip (it’s not mandatory), but the little 

isn’t exactly easy to see/find unless you’re looking at the bottom of the screen. And I don’t want them to click a 1 star (or other rating) if the question doesn’t apply to them. So my question is: Is there an easy way to add a N/A so they can move on to the next question?

icon

Best answer by Mariana 11 February 2021, 10:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @MikeM. Welcome to our community! 😁

There isn't a way to add a N/A option, but I'd say you can add a description letting the respondents know they can skip the question if it doesn't apply to them. You can add a statement with the explanation or use the description of the question to let them know.

A few ways to skip questions: Mouse scroll, holding down tab or clicking on the arrow (at the bottom of the screen).

I hope this helps! 

Badge

I’m in the same situation. I’m using logic jumps for showing specific question groups. One of them has as a last question a rating not mandatory, so the user will be blocked there (we don’t want to show the arrows).

Having a “Skip” option would be a great feature, as it would help a lot the final user to better enjoy the experience of the survey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Parallelo42 While it’s not the most ideal workaround, you could add a note to the description of the question that they can scroll to move past the question if they aren’t answering. :grinning: