Answered

Importing contacts

What are the options for importing contacts into videoask? 

icon

Best answer by Grace 30 June 2022, 18:46

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Katie12343 welcome welcome!

At the moment we have two options for importing contacts to VideoAsk:

First up in you are a Typeform user you can import contacts from your Typeform account to your VideoAsk contacts list, so you can transfer contacts you collect through a typeform across to VideoAsk to begin a video conversation.

The second is you can now manually add contacts, so if you head to your contacts list you’ll see the button to add a contact there and you can enter the name, email and phone number of a contact.

These are both really new features to VideoAsk so I would imagine as time goes on we’ll keep developing the contact options.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace - I did not know that you could do that import from Typeform .. that is going to be such a boon to create some quick ways of, for example, creating a welcome message to registrants to a workshop or webinar!

Is there a way to import large amounts of contacts into typeform then into videoask? 

Also, does this platform work better for smaller firms with less contacts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Katie12343 - Typeform is NOT a CRM solution.. you can’t import the contact info like that.. 

What @Grace is referring to is that IF you already have a Typeform with responses (that include email address) you can import that data from Typeform into VA. But that is from a set of response data and not a set of contact records. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Katie12343 👋 yep so as @john.desborough says it’s more of a way to link up the two products to continue your workflow. At the moment we don’t have any mass import options, for example being able to import from a Google Sheet of contacts or a CRM but I’m pretty sure this will become an option in the future! 

We have a variety of business sizes using VideoAsk, it allows you to create personalized video interactions on a larger scale - did you have a particular use case in mind yet?

(BTW @john.desborough I think the import contacts from Typeform will certainly open up a few doors for multi-product use! Excited to start seeing people use it!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace - i agree.. i see some ‘workflow’ type scenarios that would take advantage of that… still need to see how to “automate” that process within the native tool capabilities of the Typeform platforms

To be clear, if my contact are not in typform I would have to upload each contact manually and individually?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @smartmgmt if someone is responding to a videoask you have created you can collect contact details and they will be automatically added to your VideoAsk contacts list. 

Otherwise, you can manually add a contact to VideoAsk, or add them from your Typeform contacts if you use both products.

Was there a particular use case you were thinking about for VideoAsk? 

Yes. I would like to upload my entire contact list via excell or cxl file.

My existing CRM is Mailerlite and Fresha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah ok thanks @smartmgmt it’s not possible to upload a list as of yet, is that so you can easily send direct video messages to your existing contacts? 

It’s something that’s on our feature request board so I will go add a +1 to it and be sure to let you know if it makes it onto the road map in the future.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We do have a workaround guide here @smartmgmt that could be helpful